More Off Road Trivia

martininsocal

Reaction
Not Robertson. This guy played PRO Football with the Detroit Lyons. He was a quarterback. Keep trying...

If your gonna go, go BIG

rdc

- users no longer part of the rdc family -
Reaction
OK WHO CAN NAME MALCOM VINJIE'S MOTOR AND transmission BUILDER DURING ALL OF THOSE CLASS 5 VICTORIES AND CHAMPIONSHIPS IN THE 1980'S ???????????

COME ON TONY

martininsocal

Reaction
Mike- don't forget all the wins they got with Clark West. The Bitcom Car was later in the run of championships and the last 5 car Malcolm had was also a West powered car.

So, no one gets who co-drove with Johnny Johnson in the Corvair powered car in the early years? another hint...they actually did a television program featuring the drivers and car as a documentary of what racing in Baja was like...Best scene- trying to pass a Local Mexican Chicken truck during the race. Any takers?

Martin

If your gonna go, go BIG

rdc

Reaction
THAT WAS GEORGE PLIMPTON THAT DID THAT MOVIE WITH JOHNNY JOHNSON BUT YES LARRY BITCON WAS THE OWNER AS WELL AS THE MOTOR BUILDER THAT CAR IS STILL AROUND TO DAVE PARSONS OWNS IT AND LARRY IS STILL KICKING TOO

martininsocal

Reaction
HDRA- right on for Plimpton...offroad racer and quarterback for the Lions...(worst in history?) so who drove Bitcoms car first in its first race? Another old name from the past...He won first time out with that car.

If your gonna go, go BIG

JrSyko

Jerry Maguire
Reaction
1/2 1600? Didn't he use to race in that with Jerry Herbst?

See ya in the dirt!

Jimmy8

Reaction
One of the inventors of the Parker Pumper. Debuted the new contraption at the Mint 400, but Mint would not lend its name to the new device, so it was called the Parker Pumper instead of the Mint Pumper because Parker was the next race they ran with it. I also think he may have had something to do with Dusty Times? Ran a class 5 car for a long time.

Trophy Truck #15
www.jimmybeaver.com

toddz

Reaction
NEXT QUESTION WHO CAN NAME THE CLASS THAT MARTY COLLINS BRIANS DAD WON THE MINT IN IN THE 1970'S AND IT WASNT A TRUCK EITHER??

I'd have to look up the class tonight but it was in their Wampuskitty buggy.

Todd Z.

martininsocal

Reaction
Hey Mike- was that your answer to my question? If so...BBBUUUUUZZZZZZZ!!!!! wrong.

If your gonna go, go BIG

Rory

Crayola Killer
Reaction
Martin, would the answer be a class 11a VW?

Racers Only

martininsocal

Reaction
Rory- no, I am still refering to Parsons Green class 5 car. Who can tell me first race and Driver, He won.

Martin

If your gonna go, go BIG

rdc

Reaction
PARSONS GREEN CAR WAS STAN PARNELL BUT RORY IS RIGHT IT IS CLASS 11A RORY DID YOU CALL ROBBIE OR WHAT ? OND IT WAS NOT ANYTHING TO DO WITH DUSTY TIMES HE HAD HIS OWN PAPER TRYING TO REMEMBER THE NAME

<P ID="edit"><FONT SIZE=-1>Edited by HDRA on 12/18/02 07:05 PM (server time).</FONT></P>

martininsocal

Reaction
Not the car the Vinge drove to the class 5 win. The first driver of that car was Mel Tyree at the 2nd Frontier 500. He started right in front of us. That car was so clean and detailed, they even bleded th erear fenders into the body so there was no seam. I believe that was an AMI(Frisk) built car.

Martin

If your gonna go, go BIG

jim_moulton

Reaction
stan parnell used to publish off road action news. Anybody remember getting score news paper with your membership?

Rory

Crayola Killer
Reaction
Martin, I was referring to the question HDRA asked:

NEXT QUESTION WHO CAN NAME THE CLASS THAT MARTY COLLINS BRIANS DAD WON THE MINT IN IN THE 1970'S AND IT WASNT A TRUCK EITHER??

Lucas, I got the answer from some old Hot VWS magazines, plus, my dad use to race class 11a back in the early 70's and not only that, Denny Selleck lived behind us.

Racers Only