MORE ORAF 500 Car 998 In-Car

KyleMurray

Reaction
First lap of the MORE ORAF 500 in car 998.
This was the fastest class 9 lap of the race.
driver: Kyle Murray
Video credit: Jacob Wisdom
Enjoy!

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b-RmavASrZU&feature=player_embedded"]YouTube - 2009 More ORAF 500 American Rentals Motorsports 998[/ame]

Last edited:

Slang

Reaction
Great video, what camera were you using?

Nice lap BTW.

bajabird

Reaction
Super video!!!! Coffee, donut and the video.... a great start to the day. Thank you for sharing

TauMau

Reaction
Steve: Go Pro Wide http://www.goprocamera.com/

Eddy: Had a slight fuel miscalculation lap 2 that ended our chase for the win. About an hour and a half went by, got them refueled, made the drivers changes and finished 8/32 Starters...last night lap was about 5 mph or 13 minutes slower than the first.

Tom: Thanks! Start pushing John to get that 5 car finished!

Fast Eddy

Reaction
Are you guys that much weight concious or was it just a miscue not having the fuel on board. This happened to my neighbor at the mint in their 1600 car. I have a 22 gal cell and start out full and just don't figure it's worth running short in my car and fill it up when we pit. Of coarse I haven't won anything yet so the extra pounds maybe costing me more then I'm thinking.

TauMau

Reaction
No, it's really not that big of a deal. A gallon of fuel weighs around 6-8 pounds depending on a few different factors. We ordinarily do calculations and add a couple gallons for a buffer. This race we had a thirsty new motor, it was a fast course and we didn't have as much as we thought when we dumped fuel for the start.

For us an extra 4ish gallons would be equivalent to around 1 less hp.

Uncle_Bob

Reaction
You guys are freakin nuts. I'll take my sportsman truck over a 9 car any day.

It's a no wonder I put up a LEATT-BRACE for you guys but next time I think it will be a box of brains and I bigger kidney belt. J/K

Good job to all you guys and great video!

TJERGENSEN

Reaction
thats some great racin. i like the way the cars go buy slower and you get to dice with them . that doesn't happen in class 1. good job guys

KyleMurray

Reaction
Uncle Bob: Haha

Todd: Thanks, it is great racing... you should sell the trophy truck and buy a niner ;)

KyleMurray

Reaction
You guys looked like you really have that car diled in you looked good out there keep up the good work man!!!
Thanks Rob! yeah the car ran absolutly perfect. Good luck co-driving with my dad this weekened!! im expecting you guys to pass the landshark off the start :D

3 Amigos Racing

Reaction

Attachments