MORE race in Lucerne

Bro_Gill

Reaction
I wasn't at the finish line, but it looked like the Fab School 1 car was on its way to the over all last time through Pit A. And the Forester was in front of the Grinch on their last lap, but they had been battling all day.

McCredie A

Reaction
I believe the Grinch won on corrected time.

robertharman

Reaction
Any news on the guys who were hurt?

Sent from my iPhone using race-deZert

swiftracing5

Reaction
the Subaru did not finish in class 5. Zac got out front after they broke and Erik brought it home. Stoked for him and Derek on their finishes. 2 guys who I’ve gotten to be great friends With and deserve the result.

1- grinch/Zac/Irvine
2- Derek/Fessler
3- Willard/Chase

sykette

Reaction

hi, unfortunately, both were badly burned and are now in Arrowhead Regional Medical Center. it will be a long recovery for both and especially for Mike M.

5racer

Reaction
hang tuff mike all your friends and racer from hemet are thinking about you.

Cooprey

Reaction

I will be posting about the GoFund me shortly. Mike is severely burned over a huge part of his body and Jared (his Co driver) was severely burned pulling mike from the car. Both are in good hands at Arrowhead but it’s going to be particularly tough road to recovery for Mike.

-Coop

Cooprey

Reaction
What happened for it to catch fire?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
we don't know exactly but we do know that it originated behind the firewall towards the top of the engine (best guess is near the fuel rail) and that the car had sputtered and the explosion happened when they switched to the secondary pump and tried to restart. we are going to retrieve what is left of the car next week to pick through what is left to try to figure it out. these cars are small and the firewall can only do so much with a fuel fed fire. it happened instantly and with incredible intensity. the fact that these guys are alive is a miracle and in large part to Jared's quick thinking and bravery.