More Road Courses in NASCAR

Dusty Ventures

Bacon Lover
RDC Crypto
I think most fans agree there should be more, but the tracks that have race dates don't want to give them up. I was talking with a friend the other day and we realized most NASCAR tracks actually have a road course built into the facility. So for some of the tracks with two race dates on the schedule, why not make one of the two dates on the road course. I'd love to see one of the New Hampshire races switched. That place is boring.

Thoughts?

FCORR

RDC Crypto
I've always thought this was a great idea! I'd vote to make both California races road races...haha

Chris Tobin

RDC Crypto
I agree too!!! I'd love to see the cup cars run on the Daytona road course!!! It would have the cars unrestricted on the banking but also use the infield so it would be very cool to see!!!

bajafox

Accepted
RDC Crypto
Get rid of one of the California races and start the season off with a road course, as much as I like Sunday nap times I'd rather be awake drinking a few beers watching a road course race than waiting for the last 20 laps of each race like I do now

Dusty Ventures

Bacon Lover
RDC Crypto
I agree too!!! I'd love to see the cup cars run on the Daytona road course!!! It would have the cars unrestricted on the banking but also use the infield so it would be very cool to see!!!

There's two added benefits right there. Because the road course is in the infield, fans in the grandstands will still be able to see almost the entire course. And more fans in the infield will get to be close to the action.

FCORR

RDC Crypto

The Daytona and Talledegas races are some of the few oval tracks I enjoy watching, I say we delete a Michigan race and add a 3rd Daytona race and run it on the road course....would love to see NASCAR on the Daytona road course!

Mumzy

RDC Crypto
Orange, CA now in Dutchess County New York
Get rid of one of the California races and start the season off with a road course, as much as I like Sunday nap times I'd rather be awake drinking a few beers watching a road course race than waiting for the last 20 laps of each race like I do now

For years Riverside was the last race of the season. The car in my sig is my Uncle's Cup car from '73-'75....I made my Cup pit rat debut at Riverside at the tender age of 13.

Ryan_P

RDC Crypto
The Daytona and Talledegas races are some of the few oval tracks I enjoy watching, I say we delete a Michigan race and add a 3rd Daytona race and run it on the road course....would love to see NASCAR on the Daytona road course!

NO WAY they will take away a Michigan date. California will loose a date and will be moved to Kentucky, just wait and see.

As for more road courses, no way. Those Cup guys cry enough about the two they have now! Turning left AND right is far too complicated..

07FJRog

RDC Crypto
I would like to see Road Atlanta, Miller Motorsports park added and at least one other, maybe Mid ohio or daytona road course. and one should be in the Chase races.

Offspring

RDC Crypto
For years Riverside was the last race of the season. The car in my sig is my Uncle's Cup car from '73-'75....I made my Cup pit rat debut at Riverside at the tender age of 13.

They actually ran two races a year at Riverside in the '80's, June and November. We ran both companion races on Saturdays from 84-88, after your time there Mumzy. Because of the Saturday races we had incredible access, especially by today's standards. Really miss that place.

Chris Tobin

RDC Crypto
Its kinda ironic that a Lowes sits on the property closest to the old RIR marquee now!!! I thought it was sooooo stupid that people complained about the noise after buying their houses on the other side of the FREEWAY from a race track!!!! I really wish my family would have taken me to a CUP race there while I was growing up!!!

bajaherbie

RDC Crypto

who is your uncle? i think benny parsons won the cup championship in '73, but i may be off a year or two.....

michael_loomis

RDC Crypto
NO WAY they will take away a Michigan date. California will loose a date and will be moved to Kentucky, just wait and see.

As for more road courses, no way. Those Cup guys cry enough about the two they have now! Turning left AND right is far too complicated..

Since most of the teams have really stepped up there programs lately (thanks to RG and Boris), there seems to be less complaining, heck even Jimmie did well at Infineon...

I wish out of the 36 races, only 2 were ovals... lol but maybe I'm Biased!

<----------------------

FCORR

RDC Crypto

I'm not saying they would do it....but to me Michigan is the worst, most boring track on the circuit, the only reason California is better to me is because we're close to it, other than that, California blows too...

Let's see NASCAR run the corkscrew!!!

michael_loomis

RDC Crypto
Heck, I'd just like to see them use the "carousel" at Infineon!! That sucker had a sloppy exit!