• Forum membership has its advantages....

MORE / SNORE race.

Bdub 1020

Any updates / results on race. My friends the Martins ( class 10) had a bad crash today. Prayers for the family and hope everyone is ok.

frostbite36

Capt. Hindsight
I heard there was a very bad hand injury in a crash....any further details? Hoping for a quick recovery for anyone who might be hurt. :(

FB_IMG_1474810205761.jpg

Sent from my SM-T700 using Tapatalk

frostbite36

Capt. Hindsight
Tom High said it was a rough crash near start/finish line, but not life threatening. I had initially heard the injury was a extremely serious hand-on-roll cage injury. Someone implied it was nearly an amputation, but Tom said it wasn't "that bad of an injury". He did use the words, "looked like hamburger". I guess we'll hear more as time goes by on the prognosis and recovery. Hoping for the best.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

frostbite36

Capt. Hindsight
Ouch...not a good day.

J BomBer

this car got drilled by a Class 1 in the dust, heard the driver broke his neck because of it.

then there was the crash off the start leading to the "Hamburger" hand from Tim High

Then there was a 1300 car that crashed, i think it was the driver that had to be extracted from the vehicle via cutting the roof off because he couldn't feel his legs. Heard they had to divert the course so that a heli could land.

Dont quote me

car1.jpg
car2.jpg
car3.jpg

Blackmutt

The dust at the start was horrible. By the time I started in class 2000, they told us there was a 25mph speed limit on the lake. Lots of carnage. We only made it to MM17 but by that time, we had already passed 6 vehicles stopped/broke. Hope some of them got going again. Course was fun but poorly marked. First time in 10 years I got lost...3 times!

frostbite36

Capt. Hindsight
That area is traditionally dusty. Try it at night.

Posted of Facebook from Tom High

"Ok I just spent two hours with Keith our medical guy here is what happen
1st 10 car rolled at start passenger had hand injuries and possible back injury he was air lifted.
2nd class 1 hits a 1300 car passenger injured media pick him up and was taken back to main pit crew took him to hospital he has broken neck but will be ok!
3rd 1450 truck crash both driver and passenger were hurt and were air lifted their condition is unknown at this time soon as I hear I will post.
At this time names will not be released until family okays that information."

Last edited:

Bdub 1020

Lots of crazy rumors floating around so here is an update on Martin Bros. racing. Got a call from Steve Martin (dad). AJ seems fine. Clay the co dawg has a really bad swollen eye , needs reconstruction surgery on a couple fingers and surgery tomorrow on two broken vertebras in back so they heal correctly. Say a prayer fellow racers

Bajawillie

Any info on the incident at RM 12? Driver and co were flown out we heard.