MORE Toys 4 Tots race

Bill

Carlos Danger
Reaction
You can voice whatever you want and if it profits the promoter you can perhaps get it.
I am a fan of local racing but do expect a return on my entry fee that includes even enforced rules and professional timekeeping, not much to ask.
what is wrong with our time keeping? I try my best to start each car/truck at the exact same interval.

coilover88

Reaction
^^^^^^
I think he is referring to the computer issue----all speeds based on the long course. I'll be PM'ing you in the next day or two Bill. Thanks for your efforts.

Slang

Reaction
Website
www.langracing.net
what is wrong with our time keeping? I try my best to start each car/truck at the exact same interval.

You see the car. Stop turn and yell 988, then the people in the trailer (eating ice cream)look up and say what!!!, the you say 988, then thet say 998........ugh Then someone loses by 15 seconds, complete BS You need a timing system....

dislocated1

Reaction
The lack of enforcement of speed zones has left a bad taste in my mouth that will not go away....

If you have a speed limit, you need a way to enforce it other than a slap on the wrist. That reason alone I will not race the series again.

Cronus

Reaction
You see the car. Stop turn and yell 988, then the people in the trailer (eating ice cream)look up and say what!!!, the you say 988, then thet say 998........ugh Then someone loses by 15 seconds, complete BS You need a timing system....

Sorry Steve, I was eating some ice cream. What did you say?

Seriously, though, transponders for timing and radar guns for speed zones would be great, but let's remember that the folks involved are all volunteers (as far as I know) who do the best they can with what they have. If everyone is willing to pay higher entry fees then I'm sure MORE could find a way to improve those things. Or maybe I'm mistaken and they already have radar guns?

Taxin

Reaction
I am sure there are no issues with Score ,BITD ,HDRA Snore ......................need I say more

wheezy

"PRO PHOTO"
Reaction
If SCORE can't police the entire Baja 1000 race course for obvious pit violations, I'll take my business elsewhere. It's pathetic. Seriously. They make these rules and can't even enforce them. So stupid. Jeeze.

(if you can't detect the sarcasm, there is no hope for you)

bajabird

Reaction
Website
www.mybaja1000.com
There are blatant road crossing violations. I've expressed my feelings to Jim. Just as good as a cheater line if not enforced.

Zac Reish

Reaction
I really wish people would stop complaining about MORE. What is more important than every single rule enforced to a T , and every lap down to the second? Good competition! If there's an issue with a company that you have a problem with do you complain and talk to your friends about it? No. You call them directly and try to fix it for the future. All these whiners are going to ruin it for the rest of us who are out there for an affordable awesome weekend of good competition comraderey, and family. Stop being so sensitive and take the problem into your own hands if it's that important but don't trash talk a great org. That's doing the best it can with what it has. You want to pay $1,000 to race in Barstow? If they were charging that I bet they could afford to time you down to the millisecond and whatever else everyone's crying about in this open forum. We are desert races, talking about desert racing. Stop reminding me of my wife and all her friends on Facebook.

scott1450

Reaction
I really wish people would stop complaining about MORE. What is more important than every single rule enforced to a T , and every lap down to the second? Good competition! If there's an issue with a company that you have a problem with do you complain and talk to your friends about it? No. You call them directly and try to fix it for the future. All these whiners are going to ruin it for the rest of us who are out there for an affordable awesome weekend of good competition comraderey, and family. Stop being so sensitive and take the problem into your own hands if it's that important but don't trash talk a great org. That's doing the best it can with what it has. You want to pay $1,000 to race in Barstow? If they were charging that I bet they could afford to time you down to the millisecond and whatever else everyone's crying about in this open forum. We are desert races, talking about desert racing. Stop reminding me of my wife and all her friends on Facebook.

I thought I was doing this for fun????

M.Harvey1600

Reaction
All I have to say was this was my first race back in 6 1/2 years in my 1600 and I could not have been happier. I slowed down at every road crossing. If I was coming in too hot the officials would motion for me to slow down and give me a thumbs up when I slowed enough. It's hard judging speed without a GPS.
Could things be better?

Yes but every series has its hiccups.
Every series has people complain about it.

I view MORE as the last true grassroots organization out there doing what they can to keep local racing alive. This is an amazing series for people to come and cut there teeth before moving up. They still get solid competition out there in every class.

I really thought that I was going to get my butt handed to me by the other 1600 drivers because I know that MORE has a solid base of 1600 teams. I was thrilled just being out there battling again.

Hats off to MORE for everything they do for US the RACERS! They WILL listen if WE EXPRESS OUR CONCERNS!

They do things old school because it is what keeps racing affordable for us.

Bill

Carlos Danger
Reaction

That is NOT how it works.all cars are timed as soon as they see the number when they pull up.You want to be timed quicker make your numbers easier to see.

Bill

Carlos Danger
Reaction
And we do have a couple radar guns and were using them last weekend.I stopped several drivers at start finish to warn them of possible penalties if I got more reports of speeding by them.

BW1672

Reaction
sad to see people bagging on the last series that works their tail off to keep racing alive in california, go race elsewhere or post something positive. thank you MORE for all your hard work and giving the little timer a place to race. this is for fun, have fun and get some.

Taxin

Reaction
:) Great times in desert racing MORE thank you Jim and all the volunteers without you there would be no race see you next race !! :) Merry Christmas everyone !!!!

Broncodawg

Reaction
And we do have a couple radar guns and were using them last weekend.I stopped several drivers at start finish to warn them of possible penalties if I got more reports of speeding by them.

I was on the race freq all day as a course worker, and I'll vouch for them talking to racers that were speeding in the pits. A number of pit monitors were reporting speeders and start/finish responded to each one.
There was talk of stopping racers for a quick warning and on a couple of occasions, holding racers for some seconds as a penalty for speeding.

Pee Wee

Reaction
I was on the race freq all day as a course worker, and I'll vouch for them talking to racers that were speeding in the pits. A number of pit monitors were reporting speeders and start/finish responded to each one.
There was talk of stopping racers for a quick warning and on a couple of occasions, holding racers for some seconds as a penalty for speeding.

So was there talk or did it happen?