1. Forum membership has its advantages....
    Dismiss Notice

Most common stand alone ECU for Ecotech engine?

Discussion in 'Shop - Engine' started by AZOffroad, Dec 21, 2010.

1. AZOffroad

AZOffroad Well-Known Member

What is the most commonly used stand alone ECU for a Ecotech 2.2 engine? Was also wondering if you have to run an O2 sensor on an EFI set-up? Reason I ask I’m told when you run race fuel it ruins the O2 sensor?

2. craigincali

craigincali Well-Known Member

I dont run an O2 sensor and I dont run race gas with my 2.2Eco. $3.00 a gallon is way cheaper, I ran Premium PMEX at my last race !

3. efiharness

efiharness Well-Known Member

most people run mefi or the factory controller.the mefi,you can run in open loop (no o2).The oe system is fine, but it runs better with o2.Also oe system is a lot less money.
    Any fuel with lead will ruin the O2 in short order.Questions?give me a call, Steve Humphrey 909 910 3867

4. redmist

redmist Well-Known Member

It's the lead in race fuel that clogs the O2 sensor. You can run a O2 sensor with a larger heater that will last longer. Saying the above, narrow band O2 is almost useless in a racing situation. Narrowband takes quite some time to react to transitional states (accl or decel). Wideband is the only way to run O2, but requires calibration and regular replacement.

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted