Most impressive team so far

JayQC

RDC Crypto
SCORE announcer coverage booh I know they are trying.
I feel bad for a lot of local teams who can't have a basic conversation with the announcer in Spanish in front of their friends and families who are watching. Score needs to roll with more properly Spanish speaking people in the live show department, seriously. I get that racers are not necessarily media savvy people but after 40 hours of racing, give their brains a freaking break and have someone who can welcome them to the finish in their native language if they need it.

Other than that, SCORE's website is a nightmare, as usual.

Still, coverage this year was great compared to last couple years, and I had the live stream going whenever I was tracking people because it was good enough for it. First year I do that.

TRichards

RDC Crypto
I am sure the stories are endless about this race but I have to say Max Gordon. 9 years old and doing the last 300 miles and running close to last moving vehicle but still going. Picking the stragglers off 1 at a time. got in at 840 ish and as I write is at 970 trying to make the checkpoints before they close. When I was 9, I was playing sports and watching TV. Not racing the Baja 1000. Keep it going Max. Make it to the finish!!

sb4pro

RDC Crypto
I am sure the stories are endless about this race but I have to say Max Gordon. 9 years old and doing the last 300 miles and running close to last moving vehicle but still going. Picking the stragglers off 1 at a time. got in at 840 ish and as I write is at 970 trying to make the checkpoints before they close. When I was 9, I was playing sports and watching TV. Not racing the Baja 1000. Keep it going Max. Make it to the finish!!
6DD7958F-5876-4253-8F5E-2C22B6484016.jpeg

Robby is in with Max now

Bdub 1020

RDC Crypto
Hands down , the Reid Team for best run of the 50th Baja 1000, Hey Kevin a shout out to the co dawgs .Also I would love to hear how your great drivers use them. Some like calling out dangers . some like calling out turns only (that's my preference ) every driver is different. Would be interesting to hear what Adam . Sammy , Curt and Cody like from their Navigator. I know Harley Letner only lets Hook talk about chicks while racing. I spit my beer out when I heard that lol. Great job you have done something historic in my eyes. Kick ass

Maxwell_99

RDC Crypto
So are Spec guys still pissed about starting behind the 10 cars?

Probably. If you look at the times the top 5 Spec TT’s beat the 2nd place 10. They also had to go through the 10’s...

The RPI team killed it. Can’t take away from that. I think every 10 car except RPI had issues too so there’s a case for that as well.

Sent from my iPhone using race-deZert mobile app

Robin Hood

RDC Crypto
Probably. If you look at the times the top 5 Spec TT’s beat the 2nd place 10. They also had to go through the 10’s...

The RPI team killed it. Can’t take away from that. I think every 10 car except RPI had issues too so there’s a case for that as well.

Sent from my iPhone using race-deZert mobile app

Yea...and I bet not a single competitive class one car team had a clean run?

Bdub 1020

RDC Crypto
Not breaking your poop in off rod racing is a talent. Anyone can haul butt hit things . exceed the limits of parts etc. Didn't hear any stories of bottlenecks caused by 10 cars that ruined everyones race in spec TT so far. Ha

TheGold

RDC Crypto
Hats off to the Reid team. Very classy group as well. Incredible accomplishment that will be remembered for a long time. Congrats, you folks deserve a lot of recognition!

nickybobby333

RDC Crypto
Hardesty did the same thing with their VM powered C10 in the 2006 or 2007 Baja 500. My dad and I were getting ready to get in the 12 car in Valle T and here comes the first buggy down the highway and it is the single seat 10 car with that beautiful VW (V-dub) hum to it. Not sure where they finished, but I remember both him and Randazzo turned heads in that car before they got rid of it!

Slippery P

RDC Crypto
12 car team 1206 check them out! Tex and his team absolutely killed it.

Kritter

Krittro Campbell
RDC Crypto
The class 10 team of Reid, they are ahead of all class 1 cars and over 100 miles of the 10s. Keep it up guys. MVP team of the 50th Baja 1000 so far. WOW

Was there any doubt this team of badasses wasnt going to stomp everybody in front of them other than the fastest of the TT's? With a start with the TT's they probably would have been top 5 OA 4wheel vehicle if not better not having to combat a bunch of class 1s in the way. Kudos/congrats to them!

9rocky

RDC Crypto
Thank you again for everyone's kind words. We had a plan, and thought it would work, and it did. Here are the particulars for the #1068...

Race Prep by Daniel Folts and Brian Bowles aka Mach 1 Race Prep.

Adam Pfankuch and Aaron Costello
Curt Geer and Robert Llewelyn
Sammy Ehrenberg and Brian Bowles
Cody Reid and Charlie (Power Steering Solution) Hutchison

Also have to thank Adam P. again for allowing us to race their car while our new Alumicraft is being built.

These people and companies are what made this happen:

DFT Trans
Wiks Racing Engines
Alumicraft Racecars
Bf Goodrich Tires
Power Steering Solution
Weddle Industries
Baja Designs
John Hoffman
Life Racing
Reid Products Inc
Pro Eagle Off Road
Method Race Wheels

Thank you to Roger and Elise Norman for continuing the great SCORE tradition.

Thank you to all of our friends/volunteers that dedicate themselves to this team, they are as much a part of this win as anyone.

And, special thanks to Bdub for all the nice posts...