Most ridiculous waste of time and money!

Vtr_Racing

Reaction
Ok, this is, in my opinion, wasting your tax dollars. This artical is in Automobile, June 2002 issue. I am taking this right from the magazine and its no joke."In an overwhelming 7 to 2 vote, the United States Supreme Court has upheld California`s ban on brown sports cars and convertibles. Writing for the majority in California v. Datsun 280ZX Owners, Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg declared that , terms like`rootbeer metallic` and `shoreline beige are deceptive; these vehicals are clearly brown and , as such are visually offensive to any reasonable person."
Choke, cough, gasp!!!!! Now come on. I have a brown truck, the only time I find it offensive is when it wont start! This is a waste of time and money and cant believe it actually made it to the Supreme Court. So I wont get on the idiotic politics in Ca. as most states have a few.
This is a funny artical but the sad part is its true.

Speed Safely

Vtr_Racing

Reaction
I am not sure where to look up the ruling but here is the rest of the article,
"Only Justice Scalia and Thomas dissented holding in partthat..."the remedy for execrable earth-tone paint jobs should not be new federal laws but rather driving with one`s eyes closed." The latest case overturns 2 important pro industry rulings from the 1970s: Cadillac v. Schieb, in which the US 9th Circuit found carmakers could not be held liable for unspeakable colors applied post manufacture,, and Michigan v. American Motors Corporation, which granted AMC broad First Amendment protection in the case of a burnt-ochre Gremlin.
Despite those court victories, however, American auto manufacturers have voluntarily added warning lables to vehicals painted "misty taupe", " burnt desert firemist", and other potentially brown colors since 1982. In handing down this latest ruling, the Supreme Court automatically lets stand a lower court decision in the related case, US v. UPS ."
I am still laughing at how stupid this really is!!!! I really feel prsafer now than ever before, LMAO...

Speed Safely

dcman008

Reaction
can you post a copy of the article so i can show it to my ,tree huggin hippy, gov teacher. she doesn't beleave me .

live long 91 corica