• Forum membership has its advantages....

Moto GP Rossi vs. Marquez

freddy

Anyone who follows Moto GP? And if so, what are your view on the incident between Rossi and Marquez in todays race?

My take is that Marquez was driving way to aggressive considering the situation and got himself to blame. And Rossis "kick"? Reflex to Marquez rough driving.

I know that I'm scrapping my Marquez shirt and using to wipe up oil in the garage. :)

Sent from the RDC Mobile App. Get it for your IOS device today

I dont follow motogp but the more I read about the incident its interesting. They say Rossi is in the points for a championship and Marquez is not, also that Marquez was messing with him and running a slower pace than he was able to and should have been up with the race leaders. If thats the case, insightful on Marquez. Who knows.

freddy

There is more to this story also. They have reportedly not been on good terms at all this season, some crashes and other stuff has happened before. Rossi was Marquez biggest idol some years ago though, so things change.

Sent from the RDC Mobile App. Get it for your IOS device today

trophygoat

I also do not follow motoGP but this rivalry got me interested. I watched some of the battles between Rossi and Marquez from this season and it makes for some great racing. Not sure how Rossi didn't get disqualified for that kick.. there was also another race (I think the Dutch GP) where Rossi totally blew the last corner because Marquez defended his line but Rossi ended up getting the win.. I don't get that. But I've read many articles that say these kinds of rivalries are necessary for sports to grow and I agree