motocross 2009 season

Cable Jr.

Reaction
just starting the thread because i got some awesome news yesterday.
Grant Langston is going to be back racing the motocross season this year :D:D.

side note: jason lawerence may step up to the big bikes too. so lets see........ that would put jason lawerence, mike allessi and villopoto in the same class hmmmmmmmmmmm:rolleyes:

trentk

Reaction
hasn't lawrence been racing in the big class since daytona with the exception of the one race he skipped? he has been pretty fast too.

Mike @ pit b

#Mike@PlanB
Reaction
Dang I wanted to start this thread. :)

But is Langston going to be riding a Yamaha? His roll there was for promotion and mentor to Hill and Hepler.

It's awesome that he is well enough to come back and race.

Cable Jr.

Reaction
yeah i'm pretty sure Langston we be back on a yamaha. saw his bike at his shop that he rides and its still blue unless he picks up a new sponser until the season starts which is still a ways away.

yeah Jason been racing the bigger bikes. he's made the transfer much easier than any of the other prospects and is really fast just doesnt have the endurance yet (as seen at daytona) so this could really hurt him in the outdoors where speed isnt the most important and endurance takes over.

Mike @ pit b

#Mike@PlanB
Reaction
yeah i'm pretty sure Langston we be back on a yamaha. saw his bike at his shop that he rides and its still blue unless he picks up a new sponser until the season starts which is still a ways away.

yeah Jason been racing the bigger bikes. he's made the transfer much easier than any of the other prospects and is really fast just doesnt have the endurance yet (as seen at daytona) so this could really hurt him in the outdoors where speed isnt the most important and endurance takes over.
There's still a month to go before it gets underway. I'm sure Lawrence is in full outdoor training mode and getting testing the 450 for it too. It's definitely going to make it more interesting since Reed and Stewart are wussing out of the outdoors.

Cable Jr.

Reaction
There's still a month to go before it gets underway. I'm sure Lawrence is in full outdoor training mode and getting testing the 450 for it too. It's definitely going to make it more interesting since Reed and Stewart are wussing out of the outdoors.
yeah, from what i've heard Stewart is still going to race some outdoors b/c he wants to still race on the US team for motocross des nations (think its in italy).

Anyone know how many races exactly or about he's going to race?

Dezertpilot

Reaction
So I am going with my buddy to Hangtown for some National race soon, will the Pro's like Langston, Lawrence, etc be racing this or is their always events at Hangtown like say Glen Helen? That would be pretty rad to see some pro's while I am out there!

Mike @ pit b

#Mike@PlanB
Reaction
So I am going with my buddy to Hangtown for some National race soon, will the Pro's like Langston, Lawrence, etc be racing this or is their always events at Hangtown like say Glen Helen? That would be pretty rad to see some pro's while I am out there!
Depends on the date:

May 23 Glen Helen Raceway San Bernardino, CA
May 30 Hangtown Motocross Classic Sacramento, CA
June 6 Freestone Raceway Wortham, TX
June 13 High Point Raceway Mt. Morris, PA
June 27 Thunder Valley Motocross Lakewood, CO
July 4 RedBud Buchanan, MI
July 18 Spring Creek Motocross Millville, MN
July 25 Washougal MX Park Washougal, WA
Aug. 15 Unadilla New Berlin, NY
Aug. 22 Budds Creek Motocross Mechanicsville, MD
Aug. 29 Moto-X 338 Southwick, MA
Sept. 5 Steel City Raceway Delmont, PA

Dezertpilot

Reaction
Depends on the date:

May 23 Glen Helen Raceway San Bernardino, CA
May 30 Hangtown Motocross Classic Sacramento, CA
June 6 Freestone Raceway Wortham, TX
June 13 High Point Raceway Mt. Morris, PA
June 27 Thunder Valley Motocross Lakewood, CO
July 4 RedBud Buchanan, MI
July 18 Spring Creek Motocross Millville, MN
July 25 Washougal MX Park Washougal, WA
Aug. 15 Unadilla New Berlin, NY
Aug. 22 Budds Creek Motocross Mechanicsville, MD
Aug. 29 Moto-X 338 Southwick, MA
Sept. 5 Steel City Raceway Delmont, PA
I just found out that is a negative:(

Cable Jr.

Reaction
if u actually live in newport the 2 weeks leading up to glen helen u usually see pros out there. langston is out at elsinore during weekdays sometimes just because his shop is literally down the dirt road before u get there.

on a side note too the weeks leading up to supercross a lot of pros hang around perris, elsinore, and milestone. i actually rode with Tickle and Durham (both lites riders riding the east coast) a week before the second round of the east series. they were wicked fast too.

Mike @ pit b

#Mike@PlanB
Reaction
if u actually live in newport the 2 weeks leading up to glen helen u usually see pros out there. langston is out at elsinore during weekdays sometimes just because his shop is literally down the dirt road before u get there.

on a side note too the weeks leading up to supercross a lot of pros hang around perris, elsinore, and milestone. i actually rode with Tickle and Durham (both lites riders riding the east coast) a week before the second round of the east series. they were wicked fast too.
I would not advise riding Glen Helen on a Thursday just before or during the Outdoor season. It's like being in a National race there are so many pros out there. The are training at race speed and don't need anyone that isn't 75% of their speed out there getting in the way. I know by experience. One of the gnarliest days riding a track I've ever had. I was just a moving chicane to them. I went down in one spot and Roncada was cool enough to stop in front of me and wave everyone around.

He won a fan that day. :)

Dezertpilot

Reaction

Yes I do, wanna come over for a BBQ and some cold one's?:)

cbrdoll

Resident Cougar
Reaction
jajaja, fo sure. do u ride? (mike do u ride too?) u can PM me.

anyone planning on going to glen helen on the 23rd?
Wouldnt miss it!! :D

Cable Jr.

Reaction
damn, i just realized im going to the MORE race that weekend. really wanted to go this year. any body have any other interesting news? any fast young guys anyone has seen around?

Cable Jr.

Reaction
did any of u just hear Reed's interview? looks like he might be doing outdoors this year:D

Dezertpilot

Reaction

cbrdoll

Resident Cougar
Reaction
did any of u just hear Reed's interview? looks like he might be doing outdoors this year:D
yes I sure did! (thought mebbe I was hearing things! :confused: )......... and I sure hope so!