Motocross 2021

CYS Motorsports

Reaction
Website
www.facebook.com
Season starts up this weekend.

-Does Roczen make it through the season or pull the plug halfway through?
-Does Tomac coast through the season looking to '22?

I'm excited that there is not a clear favorite in either the 250 and 450 class, but that'll change in a few weeks I imagine....

Mike @ pit b

#Mike@PlanB
Reaction
Season starts up this weekend.

-Does Roczen make it through the season or pull the plug halfway through?
-Does Tomac coast through the season looking to '22?

I'm excited that there is not a clear favorite in either the 250 and 450 class, but that'll change in a few weeks I imagine....
Unless Tomac really hates the Kawi, I think he'll still go for it. Leaving Kawasaki with their bonus money would be nice I imagine.

Roczen isn't one to pull the plug halfway through unless he gets hurt. He is a former 2 time champ and knows what it takes.

250s are a toss up.

Fourstroker

Reaction
Fan attention depends on the venue. Some of the tracks have huge crowds and near cult followings. Others not as much. As for prestige its a toss up. I think most fans give more creedance to an SX champ. I see it the other way around. MX outdoors is a grind and the motos are so much tougher, rougher, hotter and longer. Anyone who can gut out the MX season and bring home the hardware has my respect

Mike @ pit b

#Mike@PlanB
Reaction
To paraphrase Mike Kiedrowski "Supercross is a circus."

Supercross is more TV and crowd friendly making it more popular due to the ease of exposure.

Motocross is the real deal. Two 30 minute plus motos during the summer in the middle of the day. Tracks aren't groomed between races. There's trees and creeks next to the track.

There's a reason it's called The Great Outdoors.

E.Hagle

Reaction
If you ask guys who have grown up riding/racing then you're almost always going to be speaking to people that appreciate the National's.

Supercross is cool to take your girlfriend to, "Motocross" is cool to bring your friends to.

You know how I know you're gay..... you signed a supercross only deal.

MXShea

MX know-it-all
Reaction
I'd say SX creates more super stars.. ZO16 won 2020 MX title and is hardly the star he would be had he won an SX title.
There is more money in SX and you are kind of onto something but I think that particular example has more to do with who Zack was and was not racing (no KR, CW, MM), ET double DNF, LL mud boggs, classic staple tracks missing, shortened and delayed series, etc.
Same could be said for JA and his single SX title a couple years ago.

JDDurfey

Reaction
As far as physical conditioning goes, MX is more demanding on the riders. SX is often inside a climate controlled stadium and the lap times and races much shorter on a groomed track. MX tracks end up being extremely rutted and rough and it is hot and humid. I give much more credit to a guy that wins the MX title than the SX title in regards to which title is more difficult to achieve.

RC is arguably the best MX racer of all time winning so many motos and overalls in a row. Of course there are those that will say "Yeah, but he didn't have the competition RJ or Hurricane had back in the day when they were racing" And that is true so it is hard to give a "GOAT" award, but I still feel Ricky is the GOAT!

cjmay13

Reaction
You're better off spending the $5 per month for peacock premium. They're never going to cut away from any hockey, basketball or football game that hasn't ended yet for the start of a SX or MX race.

Mike @ pit b

#Mike@PlanB
Reaction
You're better off spending the $5 per month for peacock premium. They're never going to cut away from any hockey, basketball or football game that hasn't ended yet for the start of a SX or MX race.

So much this.

No commercials eighter. All four motos at one air time

CYS Motorsports

Reaction
Website
www.facebook.com
I bit the $4.99/month bullet for premium, it was nice to watch the replays since I don't have MAVTV and forgot to set my DVR....

Enjoyed the racing this weekend. The 450 Star team surprised me this weekend, I think both AP and Ferrandis can be sleepers in the title chase. Roczen looked strong as well in Moto 2.