Motocross 2021

TwistyItch

ADVERTISER
Reaction
Website
liquidaider.com
It's coming to Thunder Valley here outside Golden CO this weekend and I am excited to see it live and in-person. Lived here for 3 decades and it's my visit to that venue. I remember being in LA for the first "Superbowl of Motocross" and thinking "Well, this is different!". Bob Hannah gave my business partner a new bike and a Hannah-replicate yellow race outfit for him to wear in the non-pro race. I think several people around me at first thought Bob was getting extra practice :) At that time I never would have guessed that SX and MX would separate into 2 different formats/riders/fans. Makes no difference to me, the racers are all top talent and it's all fun to watch. Can't wait.

Fourstroker

Reaction
450 moto 2 was pretty epic with AC, KRoc and Frenchy going at it. Slowly losing my hate for DF. kid can flat scoot outdoors

Fourstroker

Reaction
Some good motos today. Hampshire was not to be denied for the OA. DF is just so loose and fast. Reminds me of how Baggett rode when he was on it outdoors

A Vance

Reaction
They really need to get these guys with a big personality out in the mainstream to bring more eyes to the sport. Jett and AP7 are rockstars.

Fourstroker

Reaction
An injured JMart goes beast mode and 1-1's at his home track(literally). Jettson looked sporadically fast and otherwise not fast enough

Tomac made a great run in Moto 1 to get to DF14 but ran out of steam and they eventually gapped him slightly. Ferrandis with an uncharacteristically bad Moto 2. KRoc's moto 1 crash looked way worse. Shocked to see him take moto 2. Cooper's getoff/runin with Sexton was the craziest thing I have ever seen. Surprised to see Barcia with the overall. He played a great blocking game in moto 1

Fourstroker

Reaction
Not sure exactly what happened but Barcia is out for the rest of the season. Racing resumes today after being off a couple weeks

Mike @ pit b

#Mike@PlanB
Reaction
Not sure exactly what happened but Barcia is out for the rest of the season. Racing resumes today after being off a couple weeks

He's just missing one race. Read he got banged up in a practice crash and got a concussion. Following the concussion protocols meant he had to miss Unadilla.

Fourstroker

Reaction
Copy. I listened to his IG post and thought it meant out for the season. Good to hear

Romero

Reaction
Cool to see ET3 get one finally, wondering how his riding will change on a Blue rig.... Those motor still backwards? Liked seeing Jet dominate (well sort of till JM6 wadded..), seems J-Coop is nursing an injury or illness or something... Bummed to see GL go but glad they chose Fro. Covid, politics, all this BS needs to just go away already. Looks like the Ferandis is gonna stamp it and after seeing that quad last week, good for him. I'm curious what year has been the worst as far as a depleted field, i.e. the most top 10 or top 20 guys out?

E.Hagle

Reaction
The racing has been awesome this season. Eli is the guy I’m rooting for every race so it was great to see him finally get a win. We’ll see how he adapts to the Yamaha but my guess is he’ll be even quicker. The 250s are equally as entertaining to watch for a change. Seriously frustrating to see them force Langston out over the vaccine, good for him for taking the high road and sticking to his guns.

DirtDgr

Reaction
I was at Hangtown as I have been every year since 1983. I help with putting it on every year since 89. Run the start line on amateur days and turn the 30 second board. This year I actually dropped the gate for MX Sports on pro day as they were short handed. That was a bit nerve racking!

With working I usually dont see much of the racing though.

Fourstroker

Reaction
Nice. Still cant the podium for the 3rd week in a row

Jett tried his best to throw it away in moto 1 but held on despite a great day by Justin Cooper.

Cant wait to see where the rest of the pieces fall.

Last week alone confirmed MM25 staying at Redbull KTM for SX only. AP7 rumored to KTM. Mookie confirmed at Rockstar Husky and JA21 out. ET3 to Yamaha. JA21 out at Husky and rumored to Kawi??? Does Baggett return? Dean Wilson and ZachO still at Husky? Does Barcia get a partner?