Motorcycle fork help

Vtr_Racing

Reaction
Question for you guys, I am replacing the fork seals on my buddys kids 1991 KX80. How do I keep the piston that the allen bolts holds on to from turning inside the fork tube? I know there is a special tool Kawasaki makes for it but I did it before on my ATC 250R forks but forgot. Anyone have any ideas? Thanks
Marc

desertratt

Reaction
i have used a broom stick before. you just need enough pressure to hold it while you hit it with an air gun.

matt_helton

Racer
Reaction
are you talking about the big alen head in the bottom that holds the one tube in the other????? if so i was able to make a tool when i did my seals on a KDX. i welded a 2wd toyota spindle nut to a 2ft. long piece of 1" tubing and welded another piece across the top to make a T handle and was able to take it apart and put it back together no prob. the spindle nut fits perfectly into the alen bolt. the kawi special tool was like 75 bucks. my tool costed me about 5.

Vtr_Racing

Reaction
Thats exactly the thing I was talking about....Great advice about the Toyota nut.......I just tried the broom handle and it worked.......I fogot what I did with my old 3 wheeler forks.....Probly a broom handle....Thanks for the help guys...