Motorsports Safety Solutions - Polaris General

ndvalium

Rescue Director
Reaction
Born from near tragedy, Motorsports Safety Solutions has a new tool to rapidly respond to access, assess, triage and treat injured racers.

In 2017, at the Best in the Desert Vegas to Reno race, Quad Ironman Racer, Alex Kollitz was struck by a Trick Truck at high speed in the dust. The location of the accident provided very limited access to help Alex and was forced to rely on helicopter support from other teams in the area to remove Alex from the location.

As Alex recovered conversations took place about a desire for our team to have a way to get onto or near a course safely to rapidly access a scene in many of the remote areas that Desert Racing takes place. Alex and his wife Caryn, decided that they wanted to do something to benefit the off road community.

Alex and Caryn purchased a 2018 Polaris General for Motorsports Safety Solutions to equip and use for Rapid Response. They also reached out to several sponsors that Alex has worked with over the years to outfit the unit and provide much needed upgrades. The Polaris General is already a very capable machine but a long travel suspension kit provided by HCR Suspension equipped with King Bypass Shocks allowed much more travel and better handling. Tire blocks were added to General Tire ATX tires to limit the possibility of tire failure and are mounted on STI Beadlock wheels. Rugged Radios stepped up immediately to not only provide all the internal and external communications but also provided two of their helmet fresh air blower systems for the occupants. KC Hilites supplied LED LIghtbars and Johnson Equipment set it up with emergency lights and siren as well as wired the entire vehicle to their high standards. All those extra accessories being powered by long time sponsor Optima Batteries. On the off chance we have to service our vehicle or more likely assist another racer, Pro Eagle made sure we have the right tool to get them in the air with one of their off road jacks. Tactical Recover Equipment made sure we have all the straps needed for recovery in the middle of nowhere.

Thank you to Metroprint Nevada for custom cut HCR badges and All Coat Powdercoating of Kingman Arizona for the incredible powdercoating of the suspension.

At this point, the vehicle is about ¾ complete with just a couple things left to come together however in its current configuration it is ready to start helping racers at events where it will not impede race vehicles in anyway. Future plans include enhanced cage fabrication, 5 point harnesses for all 4 seats and new seats that accept the 5 point harnesses along with a graphics package by Metroprint that matches our other team vehicles.

Motorsports Safety Solutions is very thankful to all that have supported this project that Alex and Caryn got started for us to help racers. Without your support of our team this would never be possible.

Special thanks to Goodart Photos for the amazing pictures of this build
mss-1-X3.jpg
mss-2-X3.jpg
mss-7-X3.jpg
mss-21-X3.jpg
mss-23-X3.jpg
mss-24-X3.jpg
mss-27-X3.jpg
mss-28-X3.jpg
mss-41-X3.jpg
mss-44-X3.jpg
mss-51-X3.jpg
mss-52-X3.jpg
mss-54-X3.jpg
mss-55-X3.jpg
mss-57-X4.jpg
mss-62-X4.jpg
mss-63-X3.jpg

Total Loss

Reaction
Very nice...but I don't think you should have done the photo shoot without at least an open face helmet on...just sayin.

ndvalium

Rescue Director
Reaction
Very nice...but I don't think you should have done the photo shoot without at least an open face helmet on...just sayin.
I agree completely. Even bought a brand new Impact helmet. That doesn’t fit. I need to upgrade to a double extra fat head helmet unfortunately. Or cut off my ears.

Dezertpilot

Reaction
Looks good!

bobylax

Reaction
Looks like my days of venturing up the goat trail looking for downed riders or broken cars are numbered!! Nice looking ride Dave.