Harpo

Anybody do any Mountain Bike Racing?

Know of any forums?

Organizations?

Classes?

Different types?

dislocated1

socaltrailriders.org

A few of us on here race a bit.... Kritter, WoodyW and myself raced the Socal Cup this year. There is a few races coming up that I wanna run including the "Triple Crown Series": Bonelli, Fat-tire and Southridge....

dislocated1

really depends on alot of factors.... tires, weight, bike, terrain, wanting a cush' ride or rolling speed.... depending on whre I ride I vary from 30psi to 35-36..... All in what you are comfortable with

BGRANT

Thanks. I like being able to roll over things but hate chattering the fillings out of my teeth.

mattb

I'm headed out to Big Bear for my yearly trip this weekend. Anyone else going to be there?

WoodyW

If you are headed up this weekend...there will be tons of us out there. Big Bear Fall Classic is this weekend, which is also the one day Ca. state championship. I want that Ca. champ jersey BAD.

Kritter

Krittro Campbell
Go get em woody.

As for tire pressure...start at 30 for anything 2.0 and up and ride up a large driveway ledge(2 or so inches) completely square at 5 or so mph....remove 2 psi at a time until you hit rim then bump back up 1. I run less in the front since pinch flats with a suspension fork really dont happen unless you screw up bad.

If you are tubeless you can go lower since you dont have to worry about pinchflats.

Tubeless 2.1 I run20-25
Tubed 2.1 I run 30

I weigh 270

DARREN EBBERTS

MOUNTAIN BIKERS
I Thought this would be of interest to you. My buddy is selling a helmet I would buy it but my noggin is too big.

I just wanted to let you know that I have a bitchen helmet for sale on craigslist that I thought you or one of your buddies might be interested in. Search for: Troy Lee Designs D2 Bicycle Helmet w/ Custom Paint. It's listed for $300 firm but make me a reasonable offer and we'll go from there. Let me know if you're interested. Thanks.

Attachments