• Forum membership has its advantages....

Mountain Bikes - Who rides and races? Post your bikes.

slim01

I blame FB groups for ending up with so many, last count was over 20.

Tbh its a bit silly having so many, too much $ tied up in frame sets that I'll never build or ride. I rode a lot of skateparks back in the day and originally I just wanted to buy/build the same bike I ran back then. Then I started learning the early history of Mat getting bikes built by SE and then his own shop (Ramproom) before getting the made in Taiwan so I started buying the rarer stuff. The problem is the arse has fallen out of the midschool market over in Aus so its a case of sell at a loss or just keep them. The chrome Taiwanese built Taj is what I rode back then, the rest was purely keeping up with the Jones's as I learnt more about the brand.

3 Amigos Racing

Phoenix is hitting 115 degrees so bought a headlight and will begin to go night riding when its only 100 degrees.

headlight.jpg

Last edited:

3 Amigos Racing

I am lucky to have a competitive track and a great trail system within a 15 minute drive of the house. Hoping to get into my first races next season.

IMG-1656[10995].JPGIMG-1587[10994].JPGIMG-1338[10989].JPG

Lucho

Just got a couple cheap hardtails, a Norco 125 and the missus has a Giant. I enjoyed a few night rides on the 125.
View attachment 203180

We converted the Giant to a single sprocket at the front. The missus used the plasma to cut a bash disc and I cleaned it up on the small lathe:
View attachment 203175 View attachment 203176 View attachment 203177 View attachment 203178 View attachment 203179

and some pics picks of my my 20inch collection, pretty much all early Hoffman bikes stuff and a JAD frame for something different:
View attachment 203181 View attachment 203182 View attachment 203183 View attachment 203184 View attachment 203185

How abut this? Check it out
19-TheSickMTBGranTour-ENTRY-July 13.jpg

partspimp

Went to snow summit this past Saturday and had a blast with my daughter. .still having fun sending it over 50.
20190714_122957.jpg

XR Baja

I’m still stuck in time.
2001 Trek 8000.
I feel very comfortable blazing around cross country roads on this rig.
I’m actually thinking of installing a rigid front fork that looks like a front suspension fork.
I don’t know, maybe it’s the “old” BMX feel,
IMG_7920.jpg
I seek.

Attachments