• Forum membership has its advantages....

Mountain Bikes - Who rides and races? Post your bikes.

J_Edgar

New bike I just finished building, Jamis Hardline on 29s
1567308391708.png

1567308426138.png

jon coleman

racing bug is biting, always thought of mountain bike racing, is my rock hopper any good?, no suspension class?, vintage cls,?and the Big question ,age classes?thanx.best race org place to start?

Curtis Guise

Administrator
racing bug is biting, always thought of mountain bike racing, is my rock hopper any good?, no suspension class?, vintage cls,?and the Big question ,age classes?thanx.best race org place to start?
The Quick n' Dirty races in Escondido are fun but they don't have a vintage class. And they only do them in May-June. For beginner men they have 16-36, 37-48 and 49+. It's 2 laps on a 4.5 mile course. It's not a very rough course but the Hard Rock with no suspension probably wouldn't be ideal. If you get that Newer Haro you mentioned you would be all set.

Aroberson

I just gave up mountain biking for the time being after a big crash in June, Hopefully I will be back one day. I had an older Santa Cruz Blur 4X, super fun bike

Curtis Guise

Administrator
is there still gonna be mnt bike racing?, doggonit, i got the racing bug bad and im broke!, oh well,
Hopefully again soon. MTB racing is cheap compared to desert racing if you already have a bike.

I raced the California Mountain Bike Series at Vail Lake in Temecula at the end of February and intended to do their race March 15th but didn't ride enough in-between races and it rained a ton that week of the race. And I thought they were going to cancel because of C-19 but they ended up racing... It was a 7 mile loop XC race. I got 1st at that first race but there were only two of us in the category I was in LOL. I did an extra lap to see how I would place in the next higher category and I would have been 3rd out of 10. I'm looking forward to the Quick n' Dirty Thursday night series at Lake Hodges in Escondido May/June.

IMG_9947.jpgIMG_9948.jpg

Curtis Guise

Administrator
are we sandbagging?, im gonna enter lowest class because ive Never raced a bicycle officially, plus im ' out of shape' too..
If you compare it to me racing in the 90's then yes I was sandbagging. I'm definitely not in the same shape I was back then. Trying to get back close to it though LOL.
I've done some gravel bike rides with a local brewery and there are guys older than me that have way more endurance. It's crazy to see and motivating.