mounting 99-06 silverado glass

AaronMacomber

RDC Crypto
question to those that have mounted aftermarket fenders: how?

Looks like the inner and support is built into the fender. is the outer skin easily separated by drilling spotwelds from the inner? not really wanting to have to re-located the battery/ecu/fuse block etc.

Any help appreciated!

LAZY-H

Large Member
RDC Crypto
is the outer skin easily separated by drilling spotwelds from the inner?
Yes. You shouldn’t need to relocate anything either, although the windshield wiper fluid bottle might depending on your tire size. My 35s rubbed it on my old truck.
846B6D7B-BCB4-41E1-A171-4F34CA8DD0C7.jpeg

Advertising supports this site

LAZY-H

Large Member
RDC Crypto
If memory serves the spotwelds are only along the top or the fender where the hood meets. Then there’s some nuts near the headlight and door jamb. Probably easier with the inners removed just for access.

bullnerd

RDC Crypto
162 views and only 2 people with advice on mounting glass on probably one of the most popular (surely the best) truck ever?

GTFOH

Advertising supports this site

AaronMacomber

RDC Crypto
@AaronMacomber post pics of your progress👍🏼
Will do! I actually have them mocked up now. Need to do a bit more finish work (won’t mention who, but these are honestly the worst I’ve ever used. To the point the headlights don’t even come close to being able to go back in, and door gaps are ALL over the place, and even with some dark arts magic won't ever be better than a 15ft truck.

As for the “how’s” for future searches:

Remove the 2 bolts in the inner door, on the lower edge and the 3 along the hood line.

Take a cut off wheel and slice along the edge of the wheel well were the inner/outer meet.

Drill the spot welds along the hood line, and behind the headlight. At this point if youre dumb like me and left them mounted to the vehicle, swing the outer fender backwards. The rear seam is folded over and sandwiches the inner fender edge. I took my trusty cut off wheel and just sliced up the inner fender, and the outer fell right off. There is still a lot of the inner that needs to be trimmed off for the glass to fit. Your results might vary.

LAZY-H

Large Member
RDC Crypto
It’s definitely more work than people think to make them look factory. I hate grinding/cutting fiberglass but it’s a must with just about any brand when fitting headlights/taillights/gaps etc.005047BD-E5D3-4DB0-B747-661A397EAE60.jpegE673F212-1513-40EF-8813-307F8099A961.jpeg