• Forum membership has its advantages....

Mounting Glass 01 chevy

I have a 01 silverado that i am installing my CST coilover kit on. I have GlassWorks 4 inch flare fenders and my question is do i need to remove my inner fenders also or can i get away with leaving them in.

Thanks everybody.

Thanks John. So I just take off the actual metal fender? I made it out to kar tek today and got those 700 pound hyper coils so im ready to start installing. Does anybody know of webset that give a quick run through on mounting silverado fenders?

Last edited:

GMCrunner

I put those same fenders on my 2000 GMC. I just took the whole fender off so i could run all the travel out of my Velocityfab kit i bought. If you do that you have to make brackets for the fuse block, battery unless you put it in the back of the truck, and you will have to cut off the old hood mounts cause you will have to reuse them. If i were you with the type of kit your running i would just cut off the outter fender and leave the inner fender. its a little bit of a pain to drill out each and every spot weld but if you have an air chisel it makes things alot easier. Once you trim it off all you have to do is put the fender over the factory mounting holes of the factory fender, drill the holes in the fiberglass and bolt it up.

GMCrunner

I put those same fenders on my 2000 GMC. I just took the whole fender off so i could run all the travel out of my Velocityfab kit i bought. If you do that you have to make brackets for the fuse block, battery unless you put it in the back of the truck, and you will have to cut off the old hood mounts cause you will have to reuse them. If i were you with the type of kit your running i would just cut off the outter fender and leave the inner fender. its a little bit of a pain to drill out each and every spot weld but if you have an air chisel it makes things alot easier. Once you trim it off all you have to do is put the fender over the factory mounting holes of the factory fender, drill the holes in the fiberglass and bolt it up.