Mounting Leafs

rdc

- users no longer part of the rdc family -
Reaction
I am in the process of building an 88 Toyota single cab. Currently working on the rear, and am ready to begin work on the leafs. I plan on using National springs but have a few questions:
1. What length of springs should I use (was thinking of using 62")?
2. Will I have to move my front spring hanger and how much?
3. How should mount the rear shackle and should I make custom shackles?

Any info (and anything to add on setting up leafs) will be greatly appreciated...Thanks

ntsqd

Reaction
Cruise the ORC and 4xWire Yota pages. Rockcrawler guys have been using the late GM rears (64" I think) and likely have a write-up somewhere on what they did. Eric Bebilhiemer (sp ?) would be the page I'd look for as I think he was the first to do it.

Remember, Amateurs built the Ark, Professionals built the Titanic.

scott

Reaction
You can call Deaver, but call Scott Sells @ A.T.S. in Corona. His Class 7 unlimited toyota has rear leafs that he claims gives 22" of travel.. All I know is that that thing works pretty damn good......

drtdevil93

Reaction
ya, i guess im erik deaver now. thats what jeff tells me.

62's are the way to go. we can get as much as 22" travel. the front hanger needs to be moved, and we usually just make a whole new one, as its a pain getting the old one off without destroying it. the shackle mount needs to go back, and you definitely need a much longer shackle (i believe scott sells shackle is 14" eye-eye, i might be wrong though.) we do offer installation as well (mounts fabricated, custom shackle, suspension cycled). as of right now we dont have our desert tool tube bender going yet, so we are limited to mounting the springs; we cant do tube work yet, but that will change shortly.

also, with the purchase of the springs, we do a prep job on them (add a bunch of out tricks), build them custom to your trucks weight and set ride height where you want it.

if you have any more questions, email me, or call us at the shop.

erik

Jerry Zaiden

Reaction
Re: Mounting Leafs *DELETED* *DELETED*

Post deleted by Jerry / Camburg

rdc

- users no longer part of the rdc family -
Reaction
Re: Mounting Leafs *DELETED*

How will I know how much to move the spring hanger forward and how much to move the shackle backwards? I have also heard of mounting the axle under the leafs instead of on top what are the pros and cons to these applications??? Thanks for all the help here...

BIG_FAT_LOSER

Reaction
Re: Mounting Leafs *DELETED*

I mounted the axle on the bottom of my stock springs for lift only. Did not want longer shackles, have bent some in the past. Only problem i had was routing e-brake cable. Did not notice any differance really, maybe more axle wrap? But at the same time I added tract bars (If that is what they are called) to prevent wrap

<font color=red>PAT KAPKO</font color=red>
"DISCO FEVER"