Moving to CA from MN. Bring 1994 XR600R?

MNGSX

Reaction
I found a used XR600R with a title, registration and a light kit on it. The dealer is willing to take my snowmobile in as trade. I was thinking that this would be a fun bike to have around the mojave area.

Racer21(Roberto)

Reaction
I found a used XR600R with a title, registration and a light kit on it. The dealer is willing to take my snowmobile in as trade. I was thinking that this would be a fun bike to have around the mojave area.

well you sure as hell are gonna be using a dirtbike more than a snowmobile! haha.

Yeah, all XR's are great for the desert. be sure to check it over before riding it.

MNGSX

Reaction
Yeah I will. I ride a Ducati 996 too so trackdays at Willow on that and some whoopty banging on the XR600R or the landcruiser the rest of the time!

MNGSX

Reaction
I made the move. I bought an aluminum cycle trailer to put the ducati and the new bike on. I ended up getting a 2006 Suzuki DR650! It had about 6k miles on it mostly on road and I got it for $2500. My wife will learn to ride on it (she has ridden it and loves it) and I can learn to ride on dirt with it. I ran part of a cal city trail on it today. The stock tires like to slide latterally in sand... I might look like Bayliss in the blacktop corners on the 996 I probably look like a novice on the dirt bike in the desert. I am thinking of getting some extra wheels.. Need some more aggressive knobbys for sand on top of hard pack.. Need truely street friendly tires on one set of wheels and desert trail tires on another set of wheels..