MP3 player???

SDranger

RDC Crypto
Someone said something about baldwin's class one or prerunner having an mp3 player, and what im wondering is: Do they make a car audio deck that is just an mp3 player using a memory card or something besides a cd? or did they just hook up a personal mp3 player to an input on their standard stereo?

97 Ranger 4x4
02 CR125

nocredit

RDC Crypto
you can buy cd palyers that will play in mp3 format, can put like a 100 songs on a cd compared to avg 18..cost a a load of cash though think kenwood makes one seen them at best buy

Kritter

Krittro Campbell
RDC Crypto
They are not too bad on the pocket. The CD type are the only car type I have seen but they have skip protection that is good for 6 minutes or so. I figure you are asking because the skipping part. I ahve 45 seconds of skip protection on my CD player and it can take a serious beating before it skips. That road along Outlet Center that is a fast whooped out, I can do at about 60-70 and not have a skip at all and that is a serious whomping on the Ranger.

Kris

<A target="_blank" HREF=http://www.dmsrace.com>www.dmsrace.com</A>

SDranger

RDC Crypto
Ya, my primary concern was the the skipping, but it seems like the anti skip technology has caught up to us off roaders, i didn't know that they were that good now. Thanks for the info guys!

97 Ranger 4x4
02 CR125

Jack

RDC Crypto
Yes, it is by Kenwood and it is called "The Keg" it is a 10 gig removable hard drive that you can store 2500 MP3's on. You have a cradle on your home PC (USB) that you download songs to it on then put it in the car and go. This design was origonaly done by a company called "Phatnoise", but there are no longer making product only the software.