• Forum membership has its advantages....

Mrs. JFab's GMC Build

Ljubera0250

Finally, got the carport up this weekend. Ryan built the structure and we bought the panels to be the exact length of the carport. We spent pretty much all day Saturday painting the trusses and some of the side tubes and Ryan drilled and "epoxied" the bolts in. Today Ryan, our buddies Matt, Nick, and Mayday put it all together while Mayday's Wife Lacey and I made Lunch.

Here are some pics...

Berlin helped sweep.

Little man was stoked that his truck was the first truck to go in the garage. Lol

Thanks to everyone who helped. We couldn't be happier with the outcome.

wrightracing.net

That is cool. I put a two car garage like that on my Mom's property. The one thing I wish I did was put a sealing gasket between the cement and the bottom metal base of the garage. Even with the slab sloped away from the wall, in heavy rain with the wind blowing hard, water comes under the base. This summer I am going to put an expanding seal around the whole garage.

Looking good.

Ljubera0250

That is cool. I put a two car garage like that on my Mom's property. The one thing I wish I did was put a sealing gasket between the cement and the bottom metal base of the garage. Even with the slab sloped away from the wall, in heavy rain with the wind blowing hard, water comes under the base. This summer I am going to put an expanding seal around the whole garage.

Looking good.
Thanks! I'll relay the info to Ryan. We are already thinking about expanding it more on the left. Hopefully soon.

Ljubera0250

El Diamante Negro will be getting some much needed love soon and will be listed for sale. I hope someone out of state buys it so I never have to see it again. We just really need a true 4 door truck, and I feel that the time to let my baby go is coming soon. I've just been dd-ing my truck again to take Little Man to school every day and getting the kids in and out is getting old with the limited room. On the bright side El Diamante Negro 2.0 will definitely be in the works and it won't be a little "Bitch Truck" either. Hoping to let this truck go for $35k-40k after some upgrades. (This is what the truck is worth to me, not what someone else thinks it's worth BTW.) Worst case scenario if it doesn't sell for that I will definitely keep it for a race truck and save up for the new truck.

wrightracing.net

Well, that is a bummer, but I know how you feel. I had to make the leap to another vehical and got my F350 Crew Cab. It has been great making the jump to an adult truck. In my case, I was able to keep the Bronco as a pure toy that gets trailered out to the desert.

Good luck on the next project.

Ljubera0250

Pics... Beech did great.

Pics of the fam.

I'm sure going to miss her, she may be going sooner than we had anticipated.

Ljubera0250

Today is a pretty exciting day in the Jubera Household. As of today, my truck is spoken for. Our Potential buyers couldn't be any more perfect. Hopefully all goes well and it should be official next weekend. Now we just have some prep work and some cleaning up and she should be good to go. Should be ready by KOH which is their maiden voyage. I'm really excited. I wanted to find her a good home, and they actually found her, hopefully everything goes through. :)

Ljubera0250

... and she is officially up for sale. I posted her up for $38,000 Or Best REASONABLE Offer. I really hope we can find her a good home. She's been a great truck. Until then, I will continue to DD her.

Ljubera0250

Well, that is a bummer, but I know how you feel. I had to make the leap to another vehical and got my F350 Crew Cab. It has been great making the jump to an adult truck. In my case, I was able to keep the Bronco as a pure toy that gets trailered out to the desert.

Good luck on the next project.
Wow, I just saw your post. Thank you! That's awesome that you were able to get a truck and keep your toy. If I was working and not just going to school, I would.

Last edited:

Ljubera0250

She's still up for sale. Been working on getting the rear tube work painted and all the panels hopefully sent to get powdercoated soon. We picked up some bypasses for the rear of the truck at the swapmeet, thanks to the husband for making it happen. They need to be freshened up and rebuilt but we couldn't pass up the deal.

Ljubera0250

Haven't had time to work on her since the swapmeet, I've been too busy with homework and the husband's been busy with work. I plan to have her driveable by my birthday, if all goes as planned. Would like to have her in a good, new home by then, so we can start on building the new truck. ;)

Sent from my SM-T700 using Tapatalk

Ljubera0250

Started working on her again. Hoping to have the rear done in the next couple of weeks so we can finish the interior. Hoping to get her driveable so I can post her back up and hopefully find her a new home so I can move on to my new truck.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Ljubera0250

Small updates...

We designed the box structure that ties the down tubes to the rear shocks in solidworks.

And we also decided to get rid of the L.E.D. Light Box behind the spare tire and designed a new one that will be mounted between the two down tubes behind the cab.

wrightracing.net

That is cool. I really should use Solid Works more. I tend to do it old school with Cardboard and fab on the fly.

Nice work.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk

Ljubera0250

That is cool. I really should use Solid Works more. I tend to do it old school with Cardboard and fab on the fly.

Nice work.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk
Thanks! That's how we had been doing it forever, but Ryan was able to get Solidworks on his new computer he had a good buddy of ours build so he spent some time learning the program from another good buddy Chris Lewis, so we've been trying to use it to make our lives easier. Lol
We're excited because he just designed a bulkhead and full center mount in solidworks for a Tundra we are in the middle of center mounting and we plan to use that same design with a few minor tweaks on my new truck. So the plan is to keep plugging away on this truck, get her sold hopefully soon after, and then start building the new truck. It's exciting.

Ljubera0250

Stayed up late last night and woke up early this morning to finish getting the wagon back together. We decided to just primer the wagon because we plan to add/change a few things in the near future.

Here are some pics...

I'm going to have to redo the lettering because I put their names on the wrong sides, and the stickers I used to mask off the green paint sucked, so I'm going to just redo them. The kids are ecstatic. I started making custom seat cushions for their seat as well, but I didn't have time to finish them, their about half done. So far she should be good for the fiesta island meet today.

Ljubera0250

I never thought the day would come when I would be owning a legit mom mobile. I guess when you're pushing 30 and have two kids a prerunner is placed on the back burner and a mom mobile is acquired. Say hello to my new to me mom wagon.

Its a 2014 Ford Explorer Sport AWD with the 3.5L Ecoboost. I already miss the truck, which we are going to be selling for sure now, but I also knew that my love affair for the ecoboost motor wasn't over when we traded in our 2013 F150. This car should suffice to get me through my 3 years of nursing school, although I originally wanted a Yukon, I realized that I could get more bang for my buck and better gas millage with this vehicle. Overall I am happy, but it's definitely bittersweet knowing that this will replace my dd GMC prerunner. I still have another truck that we will slowly be building in the mean time though so I can keep my sanity. Some of you already know about this project, but for those who don't stay tuned.

So far for the explorer I plan to put some black widow exhaust, 2" lift, and bigger wheels and tires to look less like a soccer mom car and more my style.

Sent from my LG-H820 using Tapatalk

Ljubera0250

So I finally started school this week and knowing how it will be a tough 4 months till summer I decided to post about my new truck to keep me motivated on selling my truck to move on to the new truck.

So a little about my next project. Last March I saw a picture of this truck online,

and knowing of a Crew Cab Ford F250 for sale, we decided this would be a much better option for my next truck. We ended up picking up this truck.

Here's a pic of the day we picked her up.

I asked our buddy Cody if he could help me photoshop the truck to what I am hoping for it to look like when we're done and this is what he sent me.

We plan to go full tube chassis with this truck. I want this truck to be everything I ever wanted in a truck and plan to some day build the identical truck but cab swap it with the same chassis as our F250 diesel and update the interior as well so I can tow this truck with it.

We plan to build this truck out of 2" and 1.75" chromolly and put a 5.0l Coyote motor in it as well with plans to someday put a super charger on it. It will have the centermount kit that Ryan designed last year with a few little tweaks. I'm not sure what rear end I will run because for the longest time I wanted to run a Pro-am housing but now that they don't make it I would like to run a Dirt-Tech housing because I've always liked the design. I'll probably run their hubs too, I also really like Camburg's rear end and hubs, and the husband hasn't had any issues thus far so we will see. All I know is that I am anxious to start tearing into this truck and have been debating on whether we should just get it driveable for now so I can drive a truck again once this one is gone. I plan to paint this truck black since that is my favorite vehicle color and have already nicknamed her Black Dahlia. A few months ago we learned of the Griffen Fabworks crew cab and I was a little bothered because I wanted my truck to be a one of a kind deal. Their truck is gorgeous so we will see how mine will turn out. I'm already in love with the new potential build, especially since this is what will be replacing my baby.

wrightracing.net

That is cool. I have been thinking of a similar build with a 74 or 75 Supercab. I want to make it a 3 seater. I also want to do the front 4wd ttb Dana 44 geometry extended 4" per side beams with Dana 50 beam ends and heavy-duty knuckles. They are sweet trucks.

Sent from my SM-T900 using Tapatalk

Ljubera0250

It's been a while since I posted in here, since my last post, I finally graduated nursing school with my BSN and am anxiously waiting to take my NCLEX on the 19th. Not many updates since, we still have the GMC and are currently putting the new front end on her. I decided I wanted to keep the old LCA's because they hold sentimental value (first set Ryan and I designed and built together). So we designed a new front end, which will now utilize a bypass, 10" coilover, and push the wheel base forward to clear 39" tires. Since my graduation in December, we have been working on the truck more. So far, I have finished the LCA's and spindles, and started cutting the upper control arm mounts on the passenger side of the truck to start mocking everything up. I really want to go to a j-arm for clearance purposes on the new front end so we will be working on that this weekend. Pretty stoked to have some progress on the truck after the last 3 years. We also started racing, we pulled the trigger and started racing husband's f150 and since breaking at RATR last year we are working on some much needed upgrades (bigger cell relocated to behind rear end, re-doing all the wiring, and possibly new motor install finally if I can talk the husband into it). I will probably post f150 updates in here too if anyone is interested.

Attachments