• Forum membership has its advantages....

Mrs. JFab's GMC Build

Ljubera0250

We have two more days to get the truck ready for our outing on Saturday. Our son can't wait for the race, he asks about it every day. Just trying to get the cab quieter. Ryan made a lot of progress. We want to get most of the cage painted as well. The panels will have to wait to get wrapped. My job is to get the cage marked for tabs, primmered, painted, and center console wrapped.

Some more pics of today's progress...

I'll try and get some better pics up tomorrow.

Ljubera0250

Heading out to the race. We are going to go exploring, want to find those dunes everyone talks about. :D

Ljubera0250

Tomorrow, if we have time, we should be picking up some material to start wrapping the panels.

Reason I've taken a break from working on the truck the last few weeks has been because I haven't been feeling like myself lately.

We are super excited!

Starting to feel better so I want to start working on the truck again. Need to have it driveable because I miss driving it.

Ljubera0250

On our way out to Ocotillo for a night run. Or should I say "Early Bird" run. Lol

Dirty little Diamante!

Ljubera0250

Picked up some material from PRP on Friday to match the seats with the panels. It's a "carbon fiber" material.

Finally got one panel wrapped. This is the driver's side panel that sits along the back of the cab. All the outside panels will be black and the inside panels will be blue, so the roof will look like an hour-glass shape.

Ljubera0250

The Husband helped me give her a bath today after all the runs we have made since she has been caged. He also got the AC running again, now just need to build the new ducting system.

Ljubera0250

Don't you dare!
Buy it! :D We plan to put a 9", re-paint the whole truck, and idk maybe get new glass for it. Make it worth a little more before we put it up for sale. Hopefully by this time next year I will be building a CC. I'm still trying to convince myself that it is just a truck. Lol

Andrew

Ah, so this truck is starting to move into the "final build stage" lol. I'd be bummed if you guys were selling it for something lame, but as long as there's another project on the horizon, I'll trust your judgement. I remember seeing something about wanting 4 seats for more kids, so a CC would make sense in your guys' position

Might want to look into plasti-dipping the truck instead of paint. It can be cheaper, and you can do some cool color combinations (like flat colors)

Ljubera0250

Ah, so this truck is starting to move into the "final build stage" lol. I'd be bummed if you guys were selling it for something lame, but as long as there's another project on the horizon, I'll trust your judgement. I remember seeing something about wanting 4 seats for more kids, so a CC would make sense in your guys' position

Might want to look into plasti-dipping the truck instead of paint. It can be cheaper, and you can do some cool color combinations (like flat colors)
Everything is still up in the air. I kind of want to wait till after the baby comes to make up my mind because this could all be the preggo brain speaking. Lol
If I do decided to sell it everything will go back in to buying an 06 Crew Cab and building it front to back just how I want it. I definitely want to build a CC, taking the truck out is something we do as a family and it being my dd, I want our kids to feel comfortable and have room in the cab. Rightnow we have our son's seat mounted in the middle and he already seems crammed in his carseat with it being caged. It's perfect for just a 3 seater but making room for one more is going to be a pain, to do it right. As for paint, Ryan used to work as a collision tech for a few years and has done all the fiberglass work, and body work on my truck. Plus he can also paint, he painted my one piece years ago and we plan on him painting everything again, and he gets a hook up on paint so I kind of think that will be easier. Plus it seems like it takes trial and error to learn how to work with plastidip and have it turn out nice.

Steven_Tolbert

Buy it! :D We plan to put a 9", re-paint the whole truck, and idk maybe get new glass for it. Make it worth a little more before we put it up for sale. Hopefully by this time next year I will be building a CC. I'm still trying to convince myself that it is just a truck. Lol
Ha.......I am flat broke unless you want to trade for a 2009 crew cab 4wd 5.3L 6 speed automatic with full system and take over the payments.......lmao. Screw payments. I should have kept my 05 extra cab or my 06 crew cab, either one would have been paid off like a year ago. A crew cab would be a cool build, so you now have my permission to sell this for a crew cab project lol:D

Steven_Tolbert

Congratulations! Just don't buy her all that girly crap......well maybe an easy bake oven because baked goods in the desert could be nice.

Ljubera0250

Congratulations! Just don't buy her all that girly crap......well maybe an easy bake oven because baked goods in the desert could be nice.
Thanks! Lol. Nope, she will be brought up in the g-rage, allowed inside only to make sammiches. ;) Jk I just hope she takes after me and Isn't like all "eeew I don't want to get dirty". jajaja

Steven_Tolbert

Thanks! Lol. Nope, she will be brought up in the g-rage, allowed inside only to make sammiches. ;) Jk I just hope she takes after me and Isn't like all "eeew I don't want to get dirty". jajaja
I can see it now...You: Hey honey were going racing....her: uhhhh uhhh mom like like can't we just get our nails done and like go shopping.......LMFAO should be fine as long as you start them off early. Just make sure to stand close to a race truck burning some 113 so it really soaks into her system.