• Forum membership has its advantages....

Mrs. JFab's GMC Build

Ljubera0250

Last night/early this morning was a blast. It was nice to go out and be "crazy kids" again without the kids for one night. I miss the random night runs we used to do back before we had upset kids to come home to. Lol First thing our son said was that he was sad because we went to the desert and he didn't get to go off-roading. Lol

On a good note, the truck did awesome. We logged about 70miles. Goal was to do 100 miles, but we didn't want to get home too "early". First trip with the new trans and we had zero issues. The new seats worked very good too. ;) So glad we upgraded to 3Gs I had forgotten how comfortable they were. Definitely night and day difference. Now I can't wait to take the truck out again for my Birthday next month. 4 months of not taking the truck out was way too long.

Things to do to the truck before the trip are...

1) Install a new thermostat for the trans cooler (cooler never switched on). :(

2) Finish Interior. (Install a fourth seat for our daughter's carseat)

3) Install the intercom we got at the swap meet.

4) Finish/mount the light rack on the roof.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

Jack

Last night/early this morning was a blast. It was nice to go out and be "crazy kids" again without the kids for one night. I miss the random night runs we used to do back before we had upset kids to come home to. Lol First thing our son said was that he was sad because we went to the desert and he didn't get to go off-roading. Lol

On a good note, the truck did awesome. We logged about 70miles. Goal was to do 100 miles, but we didn't want to get home too "early". First trip with the new trans and we had zero issues. The new seats worked very good too. ;) So glad we upgraded to 3Gs I had forgotten how comfortable they were. Definitely night and day difference. Now I can't wait to take the truck out again for my Birthday next month. 4 months of not taking the truck out was way too long.

Things to do to the truck before the trip are...

1) Install a new thermostat for the trans cooler (cooler never switched on). :(

2) Finish Interior. (Install a fourth seat for our daughter's carseat)

3) Install the intercom we got at the swap meet.

4) Finish/mount the light rack on the roof.

I thought those seats were to eliminate bounce.

Ljubera0250

Started working on her to get her ready for my Birthday Trip this weekend. ;)

Figured out where I want the light rack mounted. Should be mounted tomorrow. Ryan isn't happy about where I want it or the fact that it mounts above the windshield and not behind the cab, but I like it.

Teaser pic...

(He sure is hot!)

I finally rewrapped all the rear panels. The carbon fiber vinyl material just wasn't sticking to the panels and didn't look right, so I decided to use the same material as my center console.

Tomorrow we plan on having the light rack mounted and maybe the intercom as well. On Wednesday we should be wiring everything up and prepping the truck. Can't wait to have the truck out in the desert again. ;)

Ljubera0250

Pics from today...

Ryan finished the light rack and wired all the lights, mounted and wired the intercom. Got some headsets as well and the truck is everything I always wanted it to be. I am beyond happy with it. Thanks to my amazing husband for all the goodies we just put on my truck. ;) My birthday and b-day trip was/is going awesome! Couldn't have asked for more, I am truly blessed.

Ljubera0250

Here's a video of a jump we hit out in Ocotillo this weekend, and some pics, all courtesy of our friend Cody Sylvester.

wrightracing.net

Looks good. Might need some higher compression shims on the rear. Rebound looked ok.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk

Ljubera0250

Looks good. Might need some higher compression shims on the rear. Rebound looked ok.

Yeah, that's what Ryan and I were saying after we hit that jump. Needs more compression. Valving was originally set to run a bypass but might bump it up for now.

wrightracing.net

Still looks good. The front looks good, how did it feel through whoops?

wrightracing.net

I have 3.0"x18" for the rear of my Bronco. I have a friend that is going to add bypass tubes to make it easier to fine tune in the desert.

Your truck is turning out really nice.

So the question is who's toy is it more yours or your husband's? :) :)

Ljubera0250

Still looks good. The front looks good, how did it feel through whoops?

The front end feels very good, it handles great in the big stuff, just doesn't like the small choppy stuff much. I'm sure adding a bypass upfront would help for that, but I don't plan on it. I do want to step up to a 3.0" coilover up front tho.

Ljubera0250

I have 3.0"x18" for the rear of my Bronco. I have a friend that is going to add bypass tubes to make it easier to fine tune in the desert.

Your truck is turning out really nice.

So the question is who's toy is it more yours or your husband's? :) :)

Thanks!
Its my toy/dd. I just let him drive it in the dirt more right now since he puts in the majority of the time in prepping it to get it ready to take it out while I take care of the kids and his truck is/has been under construction for a while. Lol

goodkill

Thank you. ;) The goal is to get to half of what you guys have made lol

Ljubera0250

Thank you. ;) The goal is to get to half of what you guys have made lol
Lol. You're already making progress. I'm a little jelly about the 39's. They look good. Ryan and I have thought about building a new kit that pushes the wheel base forward a couple of inches to clear 39's. But I need a full floater first. The stock rear end has been running strong for 10 years but idk how much longer its got. Lol

Ljubera0250

Just got her Smogged, and she passed! Good to go for another 2 years...

goodkill

I just get them cause they are cheaper than the 37s lol, WOW 10 years is crazy on that axle! I want to get a ruff stuff 9" or solid 14" asap.