• Forum membership has its advantages....

Mrs. JFab's GMC Build

Ljubera0250

I just get them cause they are cheaper than the 37s lol, WOW 10 years is crazy on that axle! I want to get a ruff stuff 9" or solid 14" asap.
Yeah, they are cheaper. I just love projects. I love my tires. Heck if I could get a set for my birthday or Christmas every couple of years, I'd be happy. I never plan on running any other tire other than BFG. Whether they be projects, or just All Terrains. The rear end has survived being linked since January of 2012 I believe. It's only been trussed since the last MDR 200 Memorial. I'll run it till the end. I want to run a certain housing but I can't afford it. The husband wants to get me a Camburg rear end like the one under his F1 so that will be nice. I can't wait, I feel that the rear end is the weakest link on my truck right now. The Ruff Stuff housing is nice too, plus anything is better than stock.

This looks easier to work with than the carbon fiber vinyl. Who sells it? Was it pricey?
Thanks.
The Suede we have found on sale at JoAnn's for $12 a yard and the other material with checkers is hit or miss because it got discontinued. We bought extra yards of that stuff to do the interior.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

goodkill

The goal is to have at least 16 spares in the garage in the next year or so, all take off of course. That Camburg axle is my dream axle lol. Well run that to the ground so you can get that weak link taken car of. And take lots of pics. Your Husband does amazing work BTW.

Tom_Willis

Thanks. I'm replacing the vinyl on some panels on the center console. I'll post photos if it doesn't look like I did it in a hurricane.

Ljubera0250

The goal is to have at least 16 spares in the garage in the next year or so, all take off of course. That Camburg axle is my dream axle lol. Well run that to the ground so you can get that weak link taken car of. And take lots of pics. Your Husband does amazing work BTW.
Dang that's a lot of spares. I'm excited to finally get a full floater. Thanks, I'm his #1 fan. ;) I need to get a new camera to take better pics, the cellphone camera isn't cutting it.

Ljubera0250

Thanks. I'm replacing the vinyl on some panels on the center console. I'll post photos if it doesn't look like I did it in a hurricane.
No prob. Vinyl doesn't seem to adhere well, it doesn't let the adhesive dry and stays wet and peels off. That is why I decided to ditch the vinyl and just use the material we had used to cover the center console.

Ljubera0250

No real updates except for the fact that the "Check Engine" Light went off on its own.

Thought I'd bump the thread with a couple of pics that have me super stoked to see that our daughter might follow in our footsteps. She got her first of road truck and seems to love it.

Ljubera0250

Heading home from our early morning run. We had a blast, and ended the trip with a scavenger hunt for our buddy's GoPro, which we never found. :( Luckily, that was the only casualty for this trip. I finally got the trailer ramps finished as well. They turned out nice and stout and actually did their job pretty damn well. Also worked on the light rack and finally got all the fab work done on it so I'm going to try and have it painted this weekend.
Our buddies Kevin KTB Racing and Nick (not sure if he's on here) joined us for this trip as well.
Here are some pics...

One of the ramps I built ;) with little man.

***Just as a precaution for anyone crazy enough to go to Ocotillo any time soon, Pole Line is super sketchy right now, there are a bunch of decent sized witch eyes big enough to send a truck end over end if hit fast enough and a couple were scary. If you are heading towards Gas Dome Trail they are before you reach those restrooms.

Ljubera0250

Started freshening up the paint on the panels. Getting her ready for this weekend.

Teaser...

wrightracing.net

Nice. Good Work. Once I get my engine cage in, I want to panel in the engine compartment with mesh in panels like yours.

Ljubera0250

Nice. Good Work. Once I get my engine cage in, I want to panel in the engine compartment with mesh in panels like yours.
Thanks!
Panels definitely clean up a truck. I need to do that to the front of my truck as well. Just debating on whether I want to do that soon, or wait till after we center mount the thing...

Ljubera0250

I miss driving my truck daily. :(

Since the last trip she has been sitting.

Ljubera0250

Even though she is a little half broken rightnow, I still love her.

I figured I'd post some pics to keep me motivated. :)

At the Memorial Run a few weeks ago, within our first ten minutes we lost 3rd and 4th on the trans. It had been almost 6 months to the day since the last rebuild when we decided to install the CBS Oil Cooler as well. So we are weighing out our options and trying to decide on whether we rebuild it one last time for under $500 or spend some more money and just upgrade to the 4L80E already. The husband is trying to get his truck done for this desert season so I'm not too worried about what we decide to do because either way we will have something to take out. :) I just miss driving my truck around, since it is my DD.

wrightracing.net

Have you considered a 700R4 or the much stronger turbo 400. In the dirt hands down the 400 is the best but no overdrive unless you add a gear vendor or similar.

On my Bronco I am making the change to a C6 with out an overdrive. My Bronco will not be on the freeway much so overdrive is not needed. I went through 2 AOD transmissions and I had dual coolers OEM and B&M, but over drives slip which causes heat. On my F350 I changed the program of the shift kit to a stage 2 for less slip and it locks the torque converter sooner for less heat. I had my F350 trans built to the best of everything cost $6000 and has been great for 6 years now. After getting stuck in the Hills on San Telmo road during the Baja 1000, I was not taking a chance.

Ljubera0250

I still drive my truck daily, so I would really like to have overdrive. That is why we decided to just go with the 4L80E. If my truck was strictly dirt driven, we would've gone with the Turbo 400.

Ljubera0250

BTW...
Happy to say, the husband bought us a Trans. Can't way to get the truck drivable again. I'm losing Street Cred .

Ljubera0250

Still no progress on the truck, but I have been really motivated on our son's TT Wagon. I'm trying to have it done for the Expo.

Been working hard when I can find the time, (which is usually during our daughter's naps) and so far this is the progress on it...

Welded the lower shock mount and got the losers painted.

Also designed plates for the upper arms and programmed them on the husband's CNC table and started welding them tonight.

TIG welds need a little work but I am happy with how everything is turning out.

My goal is to have all the suspension finished and painted by tomorrow after noon. Really trying to have it done for Saturday.

PCI Race Radios

Hope to see the wagon at the Expo! Make sure to stop by for some free shirts and some stickers for the race wagon.

Ljubera0250

Hope to see the wagon at the Expo! Make sure to stop by for some free shirts and some stickers for the race wagon.
Sounds good.
We'll be there. Jim's Ranger is just about done right now. So I hope we can work all day to get the Wagon done today. It's all the little things that take so long.

Ljubera0250

Truckie...

Taking her out for The husband's Birthday for a night/day run to Ocotillo. Can't wait I was having withdrawls. If the Trans breaks, it breaks. :D