• Forum membership has its advantages....

Mrs. JFab's GMC Build

Ljubera0250

First morning carnage on Ryan's Birthday. ;)

Then...

Notice anything missing?

Yup. And the rear end, still kickin'. WTF

And here I am hoping for it to be full floater time. Lol Just my luck, it can still be fixed.

Ljubera0250

Find a bigger rock next time. ;)
Might have to. Lol
Seriously contemplating throwing new gears in the thing and fresh fluid and running it. Apparently it can take a lot more about than I had anticipated. This January will mark year number three. Not sure if that will jinx it or prolong the acquisition of a full floater. Decisions, decisions ... :rolleyes:

Ljubera0250

Been throwing around the idea of running either Bronze wheels or Gunmetal Grey wheels, so I tried the Bronze on my spare to see how I would like it. So far off the truck, I love it. I was always going to do the blue ring, I just Finally got around to it.

Ljubera0250

The husband is amazing! Yesterday was our 5 Year Wedding Anniversary and it was awesome! We spent the day gathering the last few parts for the Trans Swap . Oh and the new ECU came from Black Bear while we were out getting parts yesterday as well. We weren't expecting it till Monday.

I'm super excited to see the difference in the way the truck drives with it, major thanks to Jared and Justin for that too. We also bought a new Yellow Top Optima Battery for the truck yesterday, so Ryan changed out the battery for me this morning so I could drive my truck down from our house to my parent's house. It was a blast. I sure miss driving it and for the 20 minute drive, it sure put a have smile on my face. I also got to drive it to get lunch and trans fittings from cjs951. Thank you and Kyler for those by the way.

So now, the husband and his buddy are working on getting the new trans in. They got the old trans out about two hours ago. The goal is to The husband is amazing! Yesterday was our 5 Year Wedding Anniversary and it was awesome! We spent the day gathering the last few parts for the Trans Swap . Oh and the new ECU came from Black Bear while we were out getting parts yesterday as well. We weren't expecting it till Monday.

I'm super excited to see the difference in the way the truck drives with it, major thanks to Jared and Justin for that too. We also bought a new Yellow Top Optima Battery for the truck yesterday, so Ryan changed out the battery for me this morning so I could drive my truck down from our house to my parent's house. It was a blast. I sure miss driving it and for the 20 minute drive, it sure put a have smile on my face. I also got to drive it to get lunch and trans fittings from cjs951. Thank you and Kyler for those by the way.

So now, the husband and his buddy are working on getting the new trans in. They got the old trans out about two hours ago. The goal is to have the truck drive able by Monday so we have a few days to workout any bugs before we take the truck out to Ocotillo for Thanksgiving. I can't wait!

Here's a pic of a few of the goodies we've picked up for the Swap.

My job is to build a new Battery Box because the new Battery is bigger than the previous Optima we had in the truck, and to build a new Trans Crossmember. Also get the truck looking pretty for her Maiden Voyage with the upgrades.
the truck drive able by Monday so we have a few days to workout any bugs before we take the truck out to Ocotillo for Thanksgiving. I can't wait!

Here's a pic of a few of the goodies we've picked up for the Swap.

My job is to build a new Battery Box because the new Battery is bigger than the previous Optima we had in the truck, and to build a new Trans Crossmember. Also get the truck looking pretty for her Maiden Voyage with the upgrades.

Ljubera0250

Updates for today... Ryan and I designed the Battery Box in Solid Works, he cut it out on the table and broke the sides on the brake. I welded it up, and he also modified/re-designed the Trans Crossmember. Ryan got the driveshaft ready, he installed the new Slip Yoke and U-joint. All in all the progress has been great. So for, it looks like the truck should be drive able by Tuesday night at the latest... Hopefully

Here are a few pics...

Ljubera0250

What is wrong with this picture???

After roughly 5.5 Years of hard abuse the driver's side upper arm mount decided to pull a chunk of the frame out with it.

Luckily we we're both able to run the truck all weekend without any major issues, and this happened about a mile from camp after our last run. Good news is Trans ran flawlessly. #centermount

Ljubera0250

Beech is fixed, thanks to my wonderful husband. He's amazing.

So stoked. We're hoping to be able to make a day run to Ocotillo for New Years. :) Can't wait.

Thanks Ryan, you're the best!

Ljubera0250

Figured i'd bump my thread since Ryan made some changes to the rear seat mounts so our daughter can finally ride in my truck. We had to rearrange the kid's seats to make them fit, comfortably, but Ryan management to make them work. He had to modify the base he had made for Little Man's seat, and mounted her seat in the middle. He made a nice aluminum cradle for her seat as well, and Little Man's seat now mounts behind my seat. The kids adapted nicely. Berlin's maiden voyage in my truck was on Saturday to Ocotillo. She had a blast. Surprisingly, she actually took her first trip a lot better than we had expected. She didn't cry once and slept for the most part, which was nice. I got a lol more seat time as well, since Ryan co-drove with Mayday and his wife Lacey co-drove with me. All in all I had a blast and I think I convinced myself that I could never sell my truck. I love driving my truck too much.

Anyways here are a couple of pics of the kid's seating arrangements in the truck. I'll get some more detailed pics later.

***Just want to add that Little Man was not sitting down in his seat and strapped in. His head is nowhere near those tubes once he is in his seat.

And here's a pic of a little Bear that decided it wanted to take my truck for a joy ride. Lol

Last edited:

Ljubera0250

Trying to stay motivated on the truck and decided to give her some much needed love before my Birthday Trip in a couple of weeks. We'll be giving her a bit of a fresh make over. Mainly getting her all pretty so I don't decide to sell her. Lol

Stay tuned, should have some pics by the end of the weekend. I'll be sure to post teasers.

Ljubera0250

Teaser pics.

Finally got some progress. Ryan pulled the front suspension off and I started stripping the arms down with some help from him. He stripped the spindles down, re-designed the front driver's side upper arm mount, cut off the existing one off, and welded on the new one. He also cut down some shouldered bolts that we are replacing on the snouts as part of the prep work.

We did a combination of wire wheeling and sand blasting to get the front suspension ready for a fresh coat of paint. I've really been wanting to change up the color scheme for a while and I wanted to try out a Bronze Color with Turquoise accents.

These are the colors I'm going for...

This is the Bronze color we picked up from Smitty's Paint Shop in town.

The turquoise will be powder coat which should be here tomorrow. I ordered it from Prismatic Powders, I ordered a white base coat and the translucent turquoise color for the top coat. I'm very excited for the turquoise, I hope it turns out like I plan. Thanks to my wonderful husband for all of his hard work and all of the money he is spending to make me happy.

Ljubera0250

Uppers, Lowers, and Trailing Arms are all painted thanks to my wonderful husband.

Teaser...

I pretty much built the rack to hang all the stuff on, today while Ryan was at work. He helped a tiny bit.

The powder showed up yesterday so should have some panels powder coated tonight. So excited!!!

Ljubera0250

Teaser of the spindle...

It looks a little greener than I would've liked in the shade but it looks really pretty in the sun.

Ljubera0250

ljubera0250;3746226 said:
Its a little too green for me. The spindles came out good, the panels, done at 1 am look like they have an Ombre effect going on. Lol

Finally headed out.

Ljubera0250

Well, sad to say that after eleven long years it is finally time to part ways with an old friend. We sure had some great trips and lasted far longer than anyone else would've expected.

Well, it all started at on my Birthday Trip to Barstow a couple of weekends ago. Coming through the race course past main, near the bathrooms, we heard a horrible sound, almost like the driveshaft fell out from underneath the truck. So Ryan got out and inspected everything, and the bottom truss on the rear end had taken a beating, but we kept going and the truck still drove normal. So we finished our trip and on Tuesday last week I decided to drive my truck down to my mom's in the morning with the kids and the truck was making a horrible sound while coasting. Even Little Man asked me what that horrible noise was. Lol So I told Ryan I couldn't pin point the noise and that I felt it was either the rear end or the carrier bearing. So we test drove it after he got home from work and we narrowed it down to it being gears. So I've been wanting to open the diff up to see what was going on and....

So sad. Definitely a bittersweet moment. I've been wanting to DNF the rear end, but now I'm sad. Lol Really hoping the Brembo Brake kit sells so we can pick up a full floater soon.