MTPYLE...class 10, UTV, Cheaters, Herbst, Excuses and DNF thread only

jon coleman

in n out.double double w cheese
RDC Crypto
went to k2 once, one other guy in the ' race', my first time ever, this guy, (after the race i went up to say good pass, he was a little kid!) on the start full A. Senna dive bomb inside wheel to wheel used me for cornering slam passed and took off, im like, ok, ill get him....not, he pulled away like i was standing still, now get off my lawn😠

ace_photo

GET SOME
RDC Crypto
Website
www.getsomephoto.com
I'm still waiting for Dave C. to come here and tell most of you what morons you are for believing the idea that Pyle's truck was going to start last because of his RDC posts! Fish, I know you relish in your ability to be a penis when you think it's warranted, and you are absolutely entitled to voice your opinion in anything you want to spout off about, but I doubt you would stoop that low in real life. I know Dave would not. I can understand the humor of talking about starting an entrant last because of something as cray cray as their RDC posts, but I knew, I KNEW it wouldn't be at KOH.
Had this been one of the old timey 1400 races at MDR, I absolutely could have bought off on it, but KOH has to much potential on the line to let this happen. I can hear the laughter when who ever said 'Start Pyle's truck last because of his RDC posts.' and you guys laughing about it. It would have been funny there. I bet even Pyle would have laughed if he was there. But he wasn't and that's what ruined the joke. I get it, humor can be a strange animal. But sometimes it kills itself with timing. And where the phuque is Dave?
Have you forgotten how brutal some of Tellier's Top Tips were? Fish is just carrying on the tradition of F'n with people heads.

@MTPyle - In my mind starting last in quals is better, the fast lines are burned in. Hammer down and lean on the ruts. No excuses to not go fast.

Last edited:
Advertising supports this site

Bro_Gill

Live. Laugh. Love.
RDC Crypto
Have you forgotten how brutal some of Tellier's Top Tips were? Fish is just carrying on the tradition of F'n with people heads.

@MTPyle - In my mind starting last in quals is better, the fast lines are burned in. Hammer down and lean in the ruts. No excuses to not go fast.
Many here couldn't hang with those odds!

E.Hagle

RDC Crypto
6C5BA5B6-E16D-479C-BBD9-27D63E594E04.png

We’re across the isle Mike. Please keep the boxing before 10pm.

MTPyle

RDC Crypto
Website
www.eleusisdigitalcanvas.com
B2EE1554-7B30-458A-B873-289AAAFB114A.jpeg
30FCE253-0A0C-4613-8A99-5AC30670FD8B.jpeg
Update on our truck.

Engine made metal on the dyno. Had to take truck back to Barstow and pull the engine. Danzio is working on new engine to hopefully get back in tonight so we can dyno friday.

It seems there was debris in the oil cooler from the engine that blew up at the Mint. Not sure where it came from. But to be safe we are getting all new oil cooler and lines.

Also discovered our oil cooler adapter off the engine isn’t optimal. It’s the same style that came on our truck so we have just left it alone. The guys at Danzio say the one we have isn’t good and could have caused some of our engine issues. In fact it looks like one of our blown engines got really hot on the mains which means it had oil issues. We kept thinking it was top end issues while we may have had a bottom end issues the entire time.

It’s also possible that the stock LT1 oil pump isn’t great for large oil coolers. The oil pump is variable. Hopefully that’s not the case and it’s just a system set up issue.

Can’t say enough about the guys at Danzio. But I have not got my final bill yet so it’s easy to still be a cheerleader. Haha

Here are some pics for some of you sickos that like horror Films. One is of our engine that blew after Baja 600 Legacy. And the spun bearing was on the chassis dyno. Each picture is worth about $15k. Take that all you NFT guys.

Mike

MTPyle

RDC Crypto
Website
Yes it uses a variable pump. I think it’s probably fine. But it’s unknown in our use case.

Going to be a late night for the guys tonight and Friday night.

I think our adapter plate for the cooler is the problem. The second the guys at Danzio saw it they said that’s not right. Again experience wins.

Mike

Gfo_prep_fab

RDC Crypto
Update on our truck.

Engine made metal on the dyno. Had to take truck back to Barstow and pull the engine. Danzio is working on new engine to hopefully get back in tonight so we can dyno friday.

It seems there was debris in the oil cooler from the engine that blew up at the Mint. Not sure where it came from. But to be safe we are getting all new oil cooler and lines.

Also discovered our oil cooler adapter off the engine isn’t optimal. It’s the same style that came on our truck so we have just left it alone. The guys at Danzio say the one we have isn’t good and could have caused some of our engine issues. In fact it looks like one of our blown engines got really hot on the mains which means it had oil issues. We kept thinking it was top end issues while we may have had a bottom end issues the entire time.

It’s also possible that the stock LT1 oil pump isn’t great for large oil coolers. The oil pump is variable. Hopefully that’s not the case and it’s just a system set up issue.

Can’t say enough about the guys at Danzio. But I have not got my final bill yet so it’s easy to still be a cheerleader. Haha

Here are some pics for some of you sickos that like horror Films. One is of our engine that blew after Baja 600 Legacy. And the spun bearing was on the chassis dyno. Each picture is worth about $15k. Take that all you NFT guys.

Mike
Did you guys have the cooler and lines sonic cleaned after you blew the engine at the mint??

michael.gonzalez

RDC Crypto
Website
www.facebook.com
What controls the variable pump? Purely mechanical or does it have electronic controls commanded by the ECU?

I wonder if there is a way to set it and forget it (ie. Have it locked on one setting, behaving similarly to a non-variable oil pump)

One-Eyed Peter

RDC Crypto
Well, dangit. That sucks. Sorry to see that. Leftover metal shavings scared me into to buying all-new cooler and lines, too. I looked into cleaning, but I was too sketched out that there would still be stuff in there. We actually blew our motor (2276 VW) at Baja Nevada, too. Made it about 20 miles out of the 600.

offroadracer516

RDC Crypto
Website
www.race-dezert.com
After reading this thread in depth. I will say this. 1600 is faster!!!

@MTPyle - In my mind starting last in quals is better, the fast lines are burned in. Hammer down and lean on the ruts. No excuses to not go fast.
Most of these guys dont even know who Tony is. lol

MTPyle

RDC Crypto
Website
Status update Mike? Is the truck going to be ready?

The truck is just barely on its way to Danzio. Way late in the day. Hopefully the guys at Danzio can stay later to get it done. No room for anything to go
Wrong now. Fingers crossed.

The boys are out pre running but just had a electrical issue on the Can Am and lost a hour or so troubleshooting. They are moving again which is good because they were way out there for me to go retrieve them.

Mike

mrmatt

RDC Crypto
Website
www.myspace.com
The truck is just barely on its way to Danzio. Way late in the day. Hopefully the guys at Danzio can stay later to get it done. No room for anything to go
Wrong now. Fingers crossed.

The boys are out pre running but just had a electrical issue on the Can Am and lost a hour or so troubleshooting. They are moving again which is good because they were way out there for me to go retrieve them.

Mike

Good luck to u guys. Hope it gets together and can make it happen.

I have had a few of these types of races where we weren't even sure we would.make the start and ended up a great, memorable day.
Fwiw....my first win came on one of those...

Honda48X

RDC Crypto
Mike is a great guy. Actually a great family. The boys are very nice and work hard. They stayed at my place last year for the San Felipe 250. Conner is a great driver and Carson is a great navigator.

I will say the CanAm is pretty good. Conner and I had that thing rocking just doing the Pre-running in San Felipe. We put those SDG tuned shocks through some brutal whoops for miles.