Multiple winning TT's for sale

hendersoned

Reaction
are they being replaced with new "better" trucks or changing to an Eco-tech class??

harleys dad

Reaction
most likely wasted enough money would be my guess

TrevorPiggott

Reaction
The main ones i see for sale are TSCO's, Olliges and Andy's.
TSCO has their Geiser for sale becaue they are finishing or have finished their 2nd in house truck.
Olliges is racing in Bluewater in TT. I'm guessing his Geiser that is for sale is an old one?
Not sure about McMillin. In the past few years we have seen him do driving for other TT teams so I would guess he will be occasionally driving for others. He also took some time off from racing so maybe he will be cutting back on racing and driving for other teams when asked. Maybe he will chime in here.

Just noticed I missed the SPD truck that TJ Flores drove. I remember the story with that being that the owner navigated and TJ drove. Curious as well to see why that is for sale

Last edited:

Mark Newhan

Reaction
There is a couple more. MCMurrough and Sheeler's . Steve Sorapus said he was putting his Geiser up for sale when his new TT is done. All of these trucks are great and still very competitive.

We're selling the Olliges Geiser because we don't need two. Steve owned this truck with John Swift. This was Scaroni's Geiser that they race just a few times. They sold it to Mastreo, who raced it maybe twice. He had a new one built that debuted at the Mint in 2013. We had a good season and ended up 3 in points. Steve teamed up with Rob Mac for 2014. Unfortunately the truck was in a bad wreck at the first race, Parker 425. That truck was fixable, however Steve opted to have a new chassis built since the original 27 only had 5 races on it.

The one for sale is a great truck and was never crashed. It is NOT the truck that was crashed.

All of these truck represent great opportunities for a team that is stepping up in class. If I were heading in that direction, I could throw a dart at a board with pictures of all the trucks and not be disappointed with the result.

TrevorPiggott

Reaction
There is a couple more. MCMurrough and Sheeler's . Steve Sorapus said he was putting his Geiser up for sale when his new TT is done. All of these trucks are great and still very competitive.

We're selling the Olliges Geiser because we don't need two. Steve owned this truck with John Swift. This was Scaroni's Geiser that they race just a few times. They sold it to Mastreo, who raced it maybe twice. He had a new one built that debuted at the Mint in 2013. We had a good season and ended up 3 in points. Steve teamed up with Rob Mac for 2014. Unfortunately the truck was in a bad wreck at the first race, Parker 425. That truck was fixable, however Steve opted to have a new chassis built since the original 27 only had 5 races on it.

The one for sale is a great truck and was never crashed. It is NOT the truck that was crashed.

All of these truck represent great opportunities for a team that is stepping up in class. If I were heading in that direction, I could throw a dart at a board with pictures of all the trucks and not be disappointed with the result.

off topic but do you know who is building Steve Sourapas's new truck?

Steve_Sourapas

Reaction
off topic but do you know who is building Steve Sourapas's new truck?
Herbst-Smith Fab is building a new TT for Brett and it's first race should be the 2016 Parker 425. The Corona Extra Geiser will be available for purchase after the Parker Challenge in a couple of weeks.

Dezert00Taco

Reaction
Tsco seems to be building number 3 from what I see. Who will this one be for? Andy tested the t-1 but who know who the new one is for.

Racer Tim

Reaction
There seems to be lots of used Trophy trucks and cars from all classes for that matter. It seems even proven trucks are sitting on the market for quite a while, but lots of new trucks are being built. I guess if you can afford to spend 200-400K on a used truck you can afford to buy new.

JDDurfey

Reaction
I have a "dumb" question... If the trucks that are for sale are such great trucks why would you sell the truck and build a new one. In my opinion the only reason to build a new truck would be to replace a clapped out boat anchor or because there is new technology that won't work on the older chassis.

Are the guys building new trucks designing some new crazy technology or are the trucks they are selling really not that good or do they just have too much money and they woke up one morning and said "hey, I'm gonna drop 500 plus g's on a new truck even though I really don't need it"?

I will never own a Trophy Truck or probably any race truck for that matter and I grew up on a farm where if we could rebuild it for less than the cost of new and still get the job done, we rebuilt it.

TRichards

Reaction
People have different reasons I guess. Some are downsizing,or changing builders. TT is so competitive and stupid fast you either have the absolute best or you get beat.

Chris Tobin

Reaction
I'd take any of them!!!