Murder In The Fast Lane

Waldo

Safehouse
Reaction
Tonight there is a show reporting on murder of Mickey and Trudy Thompson. The show is called "48 hours" on CBS channel 2 in SoCal. Check your local listings, this should be a very informative show. Especially for you youngins who don't remember or know who Mickey Thompson is...the man was a genious!!

"(CBS) Next: Tonight, May 20, "Murder In The Fast Lane," 10 p.m. ET/PT

48 Hours reports on the unusual case of Mickey Thompson. By the time he was 35 years old, he had set nearly 400 different world records driving racecars, and he was the first American to drive 400 mph on land. But in 1988 he and his wife Trudy were gunned down in front of their California mansion. The assassins disappeared without a trace, but Thompson's family and friends always suspected that Mickey's business partner, Michael Goodwin, was behind the crime. Fourteen years later, authorities are closing in on Goodwin, who proclaims his innocence. What will happen? Find out. Bill Lagattuta investigates the murder of an American hero."

Here is the link:

http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/1998/08/01/48hours/main22761.shtml

BRAAAAAAAAP!

DFT900

Reaction
Wow what a great job 48 hours did. Since i was only about 3 or 4 when Mickey and his wife died i dont know too much about him. But after watching this show i sure did learn alot. That man was awsome, he sure new how to drive anything. I wish he was still around today.

RacnCPA

Reaction
The show just scratched the surface of the great things Mickey did for racing and his own accomplishments. Yes he was awesome and I personally attended EVERY stadium event he put on (in the Pacific Southwest) from the first two at the LA Colosseum which featured FULL size trucks and celebrity Jeep races. I believe he created or helped create the water barriers still used in stadium races. Thompson's Ridge at Riverside Raceway, had to be seen to be believed. Great man, terrible ending. He will always be missed.

Sc

And the buggy they showed him in was radical. If you have Desert People the movie, its shown in one of the intro pictures. It was awesome to see that run at the Mint 400, I believe that was the debut of that monster.<P ID="edit"><FONT SIZE=-1>Edited by RacnCPA on 05/21/02 08:14 PM (server time).</FONT></P>