Mute Purple

klaus

Administrator
I would absolutely love a preference to mute the Purple section. I click on "New Posts" and 13 of the top 15 threads are from Purple.
Great idea.

Yeah purple is busy these days...I am guilty of playing in that sandbox myself...perhaps too much sand sprays onto the grass around it.

Right of the top of my head...perhaps a usergroup you can on your own make yourself a member. that user group has no access to purple hence you will not see any notifications.

And then when ready to visit purple again you jump yourself back into a user group that includes purple.

Stand by.

pdailey

Racer
Great idea.

Yeah purple is busy these days...I am guilty of playing in that sandbox myself...perhaps too much sand sprays onto the grass around it.

Right of the top of my head...perhaps a usergroup you can on your own make yourself a member. that user group has no access to purple hence you will not see any notifications.

And then when ready to visit purple again you jump yourself back into a user group that includes purple.

Stand by.
That's awesome. Thanks Klaus!

klaus

Administrator
Screen Shot 2020-08-06 at 12.00.19.png

Well turns out there was a checkbox to uncheck for that to happen.

MTPyle

Funny you mention this. I only found new post a month ago and instantly got sucked into Purple. Then recently went back to just going into desert racing so I did not see Purple.

the worst part of purple is some people I thought were normal ended up being freaks in Purple. LOL. Wish I would have never seen purple. Haha

Mike

klaus

Administrator
Funny you mention this. I only found new post a month ago and instantly got sucked into Purple. Then recently went back to just going into desert racing so I did not see Purple.

the worst part of purple is some people I thought were normal ended up being freaks in Purple. LOL. Wish I would have never seen purple. Haha

Mike
I have to admit that I fall under purple spell at times. Hopefully that did not offend anyone. if it did I apologize that my posts where perceived as negative or harmful. That was not my intention.

2020 is just bringing lots of emotions out for me and one way to transmute those is to talk about what is bothering me. I see purple as a healthy useful therapy outlet. I can post freely ideas that on the big platforms are flagged for various policy violations.

On getting triggered by others what helps me is to know that any emotion I can possibly ever feel comes from...drum roll: myself. Another person could not possibly have the powers to affect how I feel. In theory. Especially when they use words on a screen. Therefor if another person offends me its just a reflection of my own thoughts.

It took me many years to come to that realization and now life is on autopilot and the things I put my mind to manifest seemingly with little effort. I still feel things however when its undesired I accept things and cope with it rather quick.

I truly wish that every person could not only grasp that concept but also integrate this mindset permanently. My next venture in life will provide a service that offers exactly that.

Last edited:

jon coleman

im thinking of muting purple, but then where would i go for information on worldly current events& be able to make stupid remarks, & remain right nomatter what, ( mr K, this purple sand box is getting more& more visited by all the nieghborhood cats the closer to NOV 3, and this c19 lockdown aint helping, ps, i hope im not in the ' freeky ' categories ,rDc...

MTPyle

Klaus

haha you have never seemed wacky on Purple. I actually don’t get offended by others and their views. I love diversity and learning from other points of view and you usually have some great perspectives.

it was better before I found out who was on which side of the political spectrum. There were a couple that I was pretty surprised when I found out what they thought. Haha. I don’t see myself as a judgmental person but some stereotypes are there for a reason. Haha.

I don’t know if it’s because I am getting older but I can’t remember a time that people had such strongly different views. It’s wild.

Mike

jon coleman

points of view on sm are like electronic road rage, get two people on the freeway & stir in some sh t, they Both go bonkers ape $heeet, now, those Same two people face to face with same crap stirred in are mostly polite& accommodating, and mostly agreeable to a certain extent.

klaus

Administrator
Another site i used to spend time on is reddit. There the user posts have no large avatars etc.and i end up reading the posts first. Popularity is driven by content/merit more so than by popularity of character. Here its the other way around i suspect.

This binary (splitting) thinking is a divide and conquer technique. Media is using it with success for whatever reason and now the population simply mirrors it.

The only way out is through. The method is love. Not the pink hearts in the sky love. Love of self. Respect. Once you recognize this power within yourself you see it in others as well. Often others are just not ready yet. Give them time and allow them free will and don't deny them their own experience even if its a pathway of fear and hate. You can only possibly control yourself and that by itself will take years to manage.

klaus

Administrator
Does that checkbox apply to specific users, or all users? I assume all users, since I'm no longer seeing any posts from Purple when I click "New Posts".
Its for the entire purple sub-forum not based on users.
You can ignore users by clicking on their avatar >ignore.
Your ignore lists can be controlled in your own user preferences.

06Chevy4x4LT

Its for the entire purple sub-forum not based on users.
You can ignore users by clicking on their avatar >ignore.
Your ignore lists can be controlled in your own user preferences.
Thanks for the info, Klaus. I'm not quite sure why you mention the ignore function - I don't want to ignore anyone. What I would like, is for Purple threads to be included when I click on New Posts (just the opposite of the OP, Pat Dailey). I take it there isn't a user level choice for this?

jon coleman

i used to just p0st & read trash in comments section on yu boob, yuck!, im over it, lotta times not even watching video!!