My 40min Penalty could have been worse.

Elk Hunter

Reaction
Trying to keep her right at 60 mph while turning up the A/C and watching Oprah is tough.
pavement is so boring.

True Story!!!!!!!
As I got on the big quad for the second time and pulled out of our santo thomos pit right where it hit the highway I could almost taste the champagne. I took the steep up hill that cuts off the long pavement right hand corner. As soon as I crested the top I was behind a federal policia he was behind a car that was behind a semi. We all were doing about 30 mph.
I am not sure how far I fallowed this line before my brain was racing trying to decide what to do. There was only one other quad in my class and I knew he was behind us but I did not know how far. So I passed them all, but in 1/4 mile was behind anouther semi truck going very slow. Now the cop pulls behind me and starts yelling at me over his pa system. That speaker must have been very louad becouse I could here him just fine over the sound of the v-twin quad motor. However I no habla espanol but i could tell it wasn't good.
I kept turning my body around with one hand on the throttle to let him know i can her him and try to find out what he wanted me to do. his lights were not on so I just kept behind the truck. Just before the military check point I could tell he wanted me to stop. I did and he pulled next to me and asked in perfect english" don't you understand Spanish." I told him no and that i am very sorry and am in a race and I'm very sorry and I'm very sorry again. He started going off on how I need to respect him and I need to respect the Mexican laws and respect HIM! Respect Him. He then motioned me to move on and said "go slow!"
I pulled thru the check point and some of the military cheered , I was happy not to get passed by any race traffic. Problem was I was now behind a car that can see me behind and had his left blinker on (mexican for, Safe to pass) but the cop is right behind me. I am not sure the distance from the check to the right hander off the pavement. It felt like forever but i did not pass.
So long story short if it wasn't for the cop i might of had more then 40 min of speeding violations.
The whole deal is on helmet and rear facing cameras. A new tv show called Trail Nation was following us during, prerun, contingency, race and awards. It will air in the spring of 2010 on Fox sports.
Of course that is just one of hundreds of camp fire stories you get from just one Baja.

Viva Baja Mil!!!

Dezertpilot

Reaction
Interesting story...

mexgamer

Reaction
There was no reason for stopping you if you were not doing over 60mph, but if you passed the cars on a turn then that was why you were stopped by the cop.
I hate when cars or trucks are going so slow, once we almost get caught by a cop too.
I dont remember what race it was, but we were on the HWY3 km 77 when Pistol Pete entered the HWY, the cars in front of us were very slow so Pete decided to pass them all and my dad went behind him (yes we were doing more than 60mph and so was Pete jajaja but the rules were not enforced then) when Pete entered the dirt again a cop was next to the HWY and made signs to stop us, but we hit the gas and after a few meters we found a trailer standing next to the HWY and we hid next to it, i dont know where the cop went but after a few minutes we continued our way :D

TCRAFT

Reaction
Damn Cops they are all the same no matter what country your in.

bugged

Reaction
Off track but I got pulled over three times by policia and they were cool. Let us go...wasn't sure why they pulled us over but when they found out we were bomberos they imediately said. Go.....No more problems.