Let me think.... Munched it April of 16 and had it driving again in December the same year.
But it wall wasn’t that bad. The cab was crunched and all the fiberglass and mounts were smeared off but that was the worst part. The chassis was straight. I was able to save the left front beam that got bent and made a new radius arm. The part that hurt was that it broke the trans case and engine block. I had to have a new block machined and trans built. Then the new trans fialed at last years b1k.
Just today I spent some time cleaning the shop out to start working on it again. I have th400 I am puttin in it now. But I have taken 8 months off from it. Needed a break. And the Mexico thing put me in the poor house. But I am in one piece again and excited to do some small races. I have been thinking about the snore Caliente race.
It's slightly less bad than I expected. The lower A arms are OK, and the subframe and left upper arm can be fixed. The left trailing arm and three shocks are bent, and the sector shaft twisted off. But amazingly the Dana 44 snout and hub are OK. Apparently it pulled out of the upright without bending.
Thanks Pickup! I gave up on the subframe and cut it all out. It was going to take almost as much work to fix it as to just replace it, so I'm going to upgrade it to 2 inch tubing and redo the steering with a new Howe ported box and ram assist. Most people can't believe I have gone this long with $150 carquest rebuilt boxes without a ram. But then the tree hit would probably still have ruined the Howe box AND the ram!
Woowwwww that’s gnarly carnage!! I’m surprised that it looks mostly like material failed which is good imho because that meant all the stuff you attached to it was not the weak link.. if I had my choice I’d be swapping arms in a heartbeat vs having to worry the spindles etc being the weak points