My first D-38 race

zoomlenz4u

Reaction
I had been invited by Scott Plunket, David Baily, Cliff Herzog, and various other racers but I would not make the giant leap. After finding Donna Lane 122L on facebook, a classmate from a school that no longer exists, and seeing that her entire family races I just couldn't deny myself anymore. Thanks for inviting me you guys.

First I would like to say congratulations to all racers who won there class and those that participated. Especially to those that organize and promote this great event. It was obvious to me that I needed to take it slow in my approach to shooting my first D-38 Race. It was awsome to watch so many bikes start at the same time. This caught me by surprise but then it made sense. After the start we headed to the pole-line road and shot there for about 45 minutes and then headed to the base of Superstition. We then went to a section of the track about a mile from start and as mentioned in the morning meeting, was surrounded by 4 foot bushes. Female racer 666 stopped and asked us if we had any tape to help seal a gas leak that was getting her wet with gas. After a bandaid and some waterproof adheseve tape from my first aid stuff I carry she was on her way again. Towards the end we headed to the finish line and watched a couple of finishers and then headed to pit row and meet some of the racers. Attached are some of the pictures we took. Great new experience.

I would like to thank my brother-in-law "Fish" who helped with photos as I shot video. I will have up soon on my website.

Attachments

Hayward Racing

Reaction
Awesome pix D-38 is so much fun.

zoomlenz4u

Reaction
Just added the photoslide show and a video of the Leaping Lizard 120 on my website.

Dezertpilot

Reaction
Really cool photos thanks for posting! Where was the race held exactly? That pole line road looks familiar...