my first race in Mexico

Bryan J

Reaction
i'd love to pick some brains and see what people have to say. gimme all u got

glamisfoxgurl182

Reaction
congrats on bein co driver for the 1000!!! should be a frickin blast! im jealous that i cant go :( make sure you tell me how it is.

Bryan J

Reaction
yes I should have clarified. i will be in the right seat from ensenada to coco's I believe. i would love some advice for the race haha. what to look forward to, what to watch out for. that kind of stuff

jowoog

Reaction
watch out for arrows coming at you , or rocks ....

randy s

Reaction
watch out for rocks being thrown at you going through the santa catarina section. my co-dog steve got NAILED with a big one and the only thing that would have made it worse is if we didn't have window nets. i mean that rock was the size of a grapefruit. we had a feeling something was up when we noticed that the rocks laying on the ground through this section were a bit different color than all the rest of them. i mean the ones being thrown were that big that you noticed them laying around coming in to the section. steve got hit in the shoulder and instead of turning black and blue, it went straight to that sick yellow color bruises usually turn in to after a day or two. he's a tough guy and other than the cuss words you'd expect to hear when it happened, he never said a word or complained when he had every right to after that happened. we called it in to score ops but they really couldn't do too much at that point on indian land. it was kids, but there were enough adults around that it makes you wonder about how boring life must be hanging out in the middle of nowhere is if they allow their kids to hurl rocks at racers from the rocks above the course down on us. they led us perfectly on this particular toss. thank gawd for window nets.

RFS Motorsports

Reaction
Get ready for the experience of a life time! Just sitting at the start line with them counting down 5, 4, 3, 2,1. Then all the people, the rocks, everything that you will experience is incredible. It will be everything you thought and more!!!

randy s

Reaction
Get ready for the experience of a life time! Just sitting at the start line with them counting down 5, 4, 3, 2,1. Then all the people, the rocks, everything that you will experience is incredible. It will be everything you thought and more!!!
robert's right. when you're staging and that hill keeps getting bigger and sal comes up to wish you luck, that's when the butterflies really start hatching out in your stomach and when it's your turn to go into that first hard left hand turn, well, there's nothing quite like it. when the red bull jump comes into view. you're hoping you don't endo and become the feature in one of those "worst crash" videos. that lump in your throat that you used to pee out of will stay with you til you clear ojos and the real racing starts after you cross the highway. then you can settle down a bit and begin doing your job. it's awesome.

Big Fish

Reaction
Bryan, trust your gps and try to prerun from the start to Ojos if you can. At the 500 the locals were trying to get us to turn and run off the course. They tried to get us to make a left into a 5' drop off into a rock pile. We just kept going straight, they got out of the way, and we saved our car.

Tipracer

Reaction
Read Bob Bowers "WHAT ABOUT YOU"... he was kind enough to bump it...

ESCANDALOSO

Reaction
I live in mexico (tijuana) and unfortunately you have to be careful of traps than some people set, it is essential that you pre-run the course to, do not be much nervous and concentrate to the track.

sorry for my english but i just geting learning

NINERACER

Reaction
Bryan, just be carefull when yo see a lot of people in one spot that mean there is something. Have some cash whit you all the time, you never know if you will need to buy gas,food or a ride. Always remember, they love american's in Mexico but not american heroes so don't be one and have fun. I wish I could go to help you guy's but I can't .

ps Be carefull if you go to places were girls dance almost naked you might get late to the start line.

507racetomain

Reaction
Bryan, just be carefull when yo see a lot of people in one spot that mean there is something. Have some cash whit you all the time, you never know if you will need to buy gas,food or a ride. Always remember, they love american's in Mexico but not american heroes so don't be one and have fun. I wish I could go to help you guy's but I can't .

ps Be carefull if you go to places were girls dance almost naked you might get late to the start line.

^^^^^^this is good advice..

teamgreen

Reaction
This will be my 1st race, as well: Class 22

A lot of these posts are VERY helpful for me, too...

I'm ridin' the last 180/200 miles.

Bryan J

Reaction
all great advice. thanks everyone. keep it coming!! and ill try to stay away from the naked women hahahahahaha