My garage built turd

punkur67

Reaction
I have a garage built car that I designed and built myself. The frame is a three seater made from 1-1/2 .095 chromoly. The car has 20" of travel in the front and 18" in the rear. Im running a subaru 2.0 thats dynoed at 268hp to the tires. Also have a built 091 from transworks. I have not had time to do the body yet but here are some of the pics of the car. Still have some stuff to do to complete it but I can at least drive it now.

Attachments

punkur67

Reaction
Here is a small jump off devils slide. Nothing big just feelin out the new car. I need to tune the suspension a little more, just a little too soft.

Last edited by a moderator:

Triple B

Reaction
Sir.......That is not a TURD.....Nice car

How long did it take to build her?

punkur67

Reaction
Thanks. It works much beter than the car I paid a shop to build me. I had to learn how to design suspension to fix the old car and used that info on this one.

07FJRog

Reaction
nice job. :)

DamnitJuice

Reaction
what kind of spring rates are you running all around?

punkur67

Reaction
175 over 200 on the front and 250 over 300 on the rear. The car handles great till I try to get any air and it botoms out. I think I might try 200 over 225 or 250 and 300 over 350 on the rear. I want to try and get it to mirage and have them set it up for me but just need to get some $$$$$ to do so.

DamnitJuice

Reaction
an increase in your shock pressure will help out too...u can go roughly 50+/- from stock settings

punkur67

Reaction
Will adding pressure increase my compression and rebound rate? And is there a max pressure on them? I always thought 175 was the max for kings