My new bed cage

Eric_M

Reaction
well, i finished my new bed cage and thought i would share with you all. opintions welcome
grin.gif

sorry the pics will be kinda large, i apperently dont have a program on my computer that will let me resize it, or resize it correctly.... resizing isnt my department of computers, haha.

Attachments

• 63435-truck1.jpg
    63435-truck1.jpg
    303.7 KB · Views: 606

Eric_M

Reaction
last pic. well, i hope you like what you see. thats a little over 2 weeks in the makings and built 95% by my self and fron scratch. so lets here what ya think. and sorry again for the size of the pics, but thats the best i could do.

Eric,

Attachments

• 63440-truck6.jpg
    63440-truck6.jpg
    144.3 KB · Views: 388

DANKFAB

Reaction
I already told you I liked it Eric. So thats twice now! How long have you had glass in the rear?

Eric_M

Reaction
almost a year. i got a bitchin deal for them and i dont like the stock bed side flair look, so i went for them. i originally had them dzus tabed on there, but changed it up this time. i just need a fiberglass kit and some bondo to fill in the 6 holes her fender and then ill probably rattle can them white. or atleast rattle can the bondo stuff.

Eric_M

Reaction
thanks! i wasnt actually planing to run some longer shocks and leafs anymore. ive pretty much made my mind up and im gonna go to a 3 link. but there is enough room for a shock to be mounted. all i would need to do is add a small hoop to the top of the bed cage and mount the shocks off the rear of the axel and i could easily clear longer shocks.

cleartoy

Reaction
The welds look good. The work looks even. The bumper seems a little high. I would have deleted the bar that the red strap goes to(the one below the top bar) or possibly positioned it differently.

Good job.

Eric_M

Reaction
thanks! just out of curriosity, what would you have done with the one bar your talking about? almost forgot, the angle in the pic makes the bumper seem a little higher than it actually is. although it did come out slightly higher than i had planed, but its not really as high as the pic makes it look.

cleartoy

Reaction
I would probably have done a straight\vertical one roughly where the strap is to the lower bar. Id also eliminate the one forward of it.

Not a real big deal, in this application i think its just personal preference and appearance. Theres not alot of stress being placed on it.