My new birthday

Big Whitey

3 years ago today at the BITD. Blue water challenge I managed to have a heart attack while standing at the finish line waiting for one of our cars to come in. I had already raced my class 5u and also teamed up with my son and a friend to race a bike and also a class 10 car. Yep I’m not very bright overall. Thanks to the quick work from my friends and Casey seeing something not right and calling for the MOTORSPORTS SAFETY team I am here to say thank you to them and ask that all of us that see them in the tech line or out in the middle of nowhere to please acknowledge them and say hello and thank you. All of them basically volunteer to help do everything in they’re power to keep us safe and alive to race another race.
Thank you David and all of your team for being there that day for me and every race for all of the rest of the racers

Crusty Shellback

Glad you are still here to celebrate another day with us.

And yes, a BIG THANK YOU to all who volunteer. Safety, course workers, pit teams. Without them, there wouldn't be much of a race.

GBRACER

yes a lot of times the volunteers never get a hats off and the people supporting the racer.
They deserve a great big Thank you ,

BTFfabrication

Always overlooked until they are needed. A few years ago we were racing the Parker 250 and my buddy really wadded up bad in a nasty corner. Thankfully some BITD volunteers were close by and got him and the bike off course; not 30 seconds later a sxs crashed and rolled right where he had been. Big hats off to anyone who volunteers their time and effort to allow us to race a little more safely!

ICR Racing 1044

3 years ago today at the BITD. Blue water challenge I managed to have a heart attack while standing at the finish line waiting for one of our cars to come in. I had already raced my class 5u and also teamed up with my son and a friend to race a bike and also a class 10 car. Yep I’m not very bright overall. Thanks to the quick work from my friends and Casey seeing something not right and calling for the MOTORSPORTS SAFETY team I am here to say thank you to them and ask that all of us that see them in the tech line or out in the middle of nowhere to please acknowledge them and say hello and thank you. All of them basically volunteer to help do everything in they’re power to keep us safe and alive to race another race.
Thank you David and all of your team for being there that day for me and every race for all of the rest of the racers
CRAZY DAY!
HUGE THANKS TO THE MOTORSPORTS SAFETY TEAM, I am sure that is just one of MANY story's for them

Big Whitey

It all started with your personal help Tim. I just wish I was awake so I could remember you kissing me, you must have a cat like tongue cuz my mouth was all scratched up when I woke up. Lol I am glad you were standing next to me. Thank you Tim

ndvalium

Rescue Director
Greg taking his short nap that day was a pivotal time for Motorsports Safety Solutions.

The reality is with aging equipment, Constantly breaking old vehicles, being severely underfunded, and very little product sponsor support, we were not sure how long we could keep going. our full time day jobs were the only thing keeping gas in the tank and begging for help when needed. We were actually maxing out credit cards to make sure we had Defibrillators and medical supplies on a regular basis.

My right hand in this adventure, William and I had actually had several conversations in the previous weeks, that 2016 might be the end of our adventures. Maybe it was time to pass the torch.

That all changed in those minutes. Greg was in VFIB and thanks to immediate CPR from friends, and a little electricity we were able to get him back in less than 3 minutes from the time Casey yelled on the radio they needed help. Greg resuscitated so quickly that the ambulance, the helicopter, the hospital and his cardiologist were not convinced he had actually coded. we were fortunate to have the right tool and in the right place to use it that day.

As the ambulance left with Greg, William and I both looked at each other and knew, no matter what the costs we incurred we were going to keep going.

Less than 2 months later, at the Pahrump 250, Greg walked up to me at Tech and gave me the biggest bear hug I have ever gotten and since that day, I am so very fortunate to get to call him a great friend.

Our racers, our crews, our staff, our volunteers and everyone that shares the dirt with us is our family. We will do whatever we can for them and never again doubt our role in this industry. We are fortunate to serve all of you in our family. All of you.

As a side note, I strongly encourage you all to ask Greg about his experience with the Helicopter. After putting his big fat head into the side of the helicopter several times and thinking he wouldn't fit, he really tried to projectile vomit on the flight paramedic. (have him tell it in person when you see him)

Love you Greg -