My really big passion

Class10DAN

Reaction
mohal my name is daniel and im 16 years old adn i want to race in the score baja series )I.E 1000,500,500,250 you know what i mean) and just alot of dessert races. ive had this passion forever and as i get older the bigger it gets. anyways im here to seek guidence on how to get my foot of the ground and start building a class 5 Unlimited buggy. ive looked online and such but havent found any luck. usually some class 11 stuff which is cool but just not for me. enough rambling. any info on a class 5 would be awsome. cya

Attachments

• my babe.jpg
    my babe.jpg
    8 KB · Views: 200

baja_racer

Reaction
A better grasp of English and grammar would be where you should start........good luck Public school ?

Now get off my lawn

Dave Cole 4454

KING MAKER
Reaction
You guys suck.

How pissed off at the world do you have to be to piss in a kids cherrios like that?

Daniel, to put it more constructively, it is awesome to have dreams and aspirations. There are many ways to get where you want to be. Almost all of them will require you to be successful in the other ventures of your life so you can afford to feed your off road addiction.

Look around this website and you will find tons of examples of cool builds and, when the time is right, teams that need a hand.

Go take something apart and put it back together again. Anything, a clock, a bike...anything. Learn how to work on your junk.

Dont listen to grumpy old men who crap all over your dreams. Unfortunately, alot of them race Class 5...so I reccomend UTVS ;)

Good luck kid.

Oh...and 4wd is faster.

Zac Reish

Reaction
Seriously guys. Chill! Dave that last sentence was funny.

Dave gives great advice even if you could/learn to build a 5 car or buy you can’t race it unless you have a steady stream of money flowing in. Study hard or work hard to be the best at what you do. Start your own company after you’re the best in that company so you have control. Bottom line is you need to make a lot of money or you will not live these dreams of owning your own car and racing. You can however get in a ride very easily imo to navigate. But you have to be tough and ready to work and not be a loud moth like me otherwise no one will want you around.

jon coleman

Reaction
how ever you do it, do NOT take the easy way, ie hard honest work pays off, u can race motorsport even as an underground technition( ditch digger), and remeber word of mouth, your character is equall to $$$, soo, i wont tell u to get off my lawn, u should allready be smart enough to not step up to begin with.red bull hair scrambles on fox;)

Wendell #527

Reaction
If this is not a goof and you are really a 16 yr old who wants to build a 5 car then go onto the “class 5 only” thread here on desert racing. Go help a 5 car team out on the next race—-read the thread there is a race in September with descent 5 car count. Learn by listening while helping and start your build as you can afford it. Having motivation to make good $ isn’t a bad thing. If this is a goof on us then you got us.

J Burleson

Reaction
want to know how big of dicks people can be? Post on RDC!! And BTF does it with his business name attached. Way to be!

All of Dave Cole's points are spot on. Practice your craft everyday. Find a shop to volunteer at and pay attention. Study the cars, ask questions. Success is defined by you and only you.

jon coleman

Reaction
mighta posted this, if your new to the racing seat , get this book, ' think to win; new approach to fast driving', don alexander, mark martin forward, Lots of insight to the right mind set to have if u want to be a race car driver( successful)

BTFfabrication

Reaction
Sheesh, tough crowd. I just thought it was odd his screen name is class 10 something, wants to build a 5 car and posted a picture of something else. I don’t think anyone was bashing him too much. The best advice you could take, is to focus on school so you can afford to do these fun things. Volunteer at a shop while your going to school and learn as much as you can.

mebedb1

Reaction
Daniel, I volunteered for a team 7 years ago. put in a lot of days, driving 2.5 hrs to the race shop to help prep. the cars, went to races every chance I got, worked to let the team know I wanted to be there. This led to me working/ navigating for 3 teams, one of them being the General Lee.
It may be a bit far for ya, but look up TE Motorsports, you can go check out the shop, get a chance to see the car in your avatar. If ya have a car and can travel, maybe get ya a part-time in the shop.
Don

Bro_Gill

Reaction
Wednesday Night in San Dimas will be the Checkers meeting. Not too far from Fullerton. If you are serious, we are serious. Let me know if you think you can make the meeting. Starts at 8pm and usually lasts about an hour. More experience will be in that room than you would ever believe.

baja_racer

Reaction
Pointing out the obvious is hardly being a dick.