• Forum membership has its advantages....

My Ride.....

Dave_G

Ok, I know there have been several post and pictures of people and their rides here on the forum but I have to admit I don't have any off road vehicle worthy of bragging about. I spend 8 hours a day 5 days a week working on other peoples off road TT stuff and I have no desire to do it on the weekends for myself for fun.(sorry..) My only off road vehicle I had was a Chevy Blazer that I sold to Dave Ashley a few months ago so I guess you could consider myself off-road poor right now. ( yes, Ashley now owns a chevy....) Most people don't like doing their everyday job on the weekends for fun so you can include me in that bunch. I would however like to post a pic of my ride which I built after many loooooong hours of frustration and effort. It does go kind of fast (200mph...) without coil overs or bypass shocks and it only uses 10 gallons per hour of fuel. It's only a 2 seater and as of sunday I have 300 hours of time on it. :)

Dave

Attachments

pjc

Chairman
Don't forget the parachute!

The ones that save the plane and occupants come to mind.

Nice work! What powerplant?

PJCinLV

Dave_G

Re: ! What powerplant?

Lycoming O-360 180hp, constant speed prop with a LO-360 heavy duty left handed crank shaft. Fully aerobatic rated to +9 positive g's to -6g's negative. I'll have it at Laughlin weather permitting. ;-)

Dave

Tony_Barraza

Dave-

Your ride looks SWEET!

Congrats, Enjoy, and for God's sake, BE SAFE!

Happy New Year!

Tony B.

pciscott

Dave nice plane. Here is a sobering quote from Dave Ashley: " Off-road racers can't fly because off-road racing is all about taking risks and you can't take risks when you fly." the only reason I bring this up is because a good friend of mine told me about how safe his acrobatical plane plane was, about the parachute and low stall speed made it impossible to crash. Larry we miss you! Dave GRAVITY is the asskicker in this equasion and my advice to you is to have some good altitude before you do any of the crazy stuff. There are old pilots and bold pilots, but there are no old bold pilots. Be safe and good luck with your plane. See you at Laughlin.

God Bless America

Scott Steinberger Trophy Truck #7

Dave_G

Thanks scott. Yea, Dave and I have talked a lot about those risks over the years. I used to fly the chase plane for Dave back in the early 90's and he was always nervous about it. The deal with Larry was a bummer.... I know what got him in trouble and he might not have been experienced enough to recognize what was about to happen. It's sad to see such simple things take somebody away so quickly. I've had a lot of friends killed in airplanes with all levels of experience and all you can do is try to learn from their mistakes.

Good luck at Laughlin!
Dave

rdc

- users no longer part of the rdc family -
Hey, it's No Wheel Drive! :) Great job Dave! That's a beautiful plane.

Dave_G

Re: when you graduate from that are you stepping up to a P-51????

I wish... Although I have flown right seat in a B-25 several times and currently fly a C-45 with a friend of mine when we have the $$$ for gas! At 300 pph I'd swear the fuel lines are as big as my arm. :-0

Dave

Dave_G

Re: Hey, it's No Wheel Drive! :)

Thanks Dennis! And no steering nose wheel either! It's full castering so you have to control direction on the ground with the brakes. That took a while to get used to.

Dave