Nascar Budgets

JrSyko

Jerry Maguire
Reaction
What is an average Nascar team budget? Which team has the biggest and who's is the smallest? I was just wondering as since Nascar is so tightly regulated, I was wondering if there is a big descrebency between the two extremes.

John Bitting

Administrator
Reaction
I still dont understand that joke. Even starting with 2 million, I dont understand how you could make a million?? There is no money in racing.

JrSyko

Jerry Maguire
Reaction
Yes, but what John is saying is that you are technically losing a million...

billymanfroy

Reaction
Yeah, it's supposed to be funny. Ha ha funny. It's supposed to go,

Q: "How do you make a small fortune in racing?"

A: "Start with a large one."

See? Get it? Now that's funny!!

And to answer your original question, I've heard figures as high as $15 mil/year for UPS, Bud, etc.

martininsocal

Reaction
I believe the average is now 8 million. That is an average. Because of the increased costs associated with winning(just read Yates' comments) the multi-car team is becomming the norm due to savings in the form of R&D and engine building/shop facilities.

Steve_Sourapas

Reaction
After talking to the Coors guys I was told a major sponsorship of one of the top teams will cost you between 12-14 million yearly and that's not counting all the minor sponsors that they also get.I would say an 8 million dollar budget for a top team for cup cars is way low.

martininsocal

Reaction
Steve- That is Average, not top of the line. I am willing to bet that the top 10 teams in points are probably closer to 15-20 million a year.

deleted

----
Reaction
When we were sponsored by Internation-Navistar (Power Stroke) the marketing reps we dealt with said it took 4 Million Dollars to run the Power Stroke Craftsman Truck driven by Terry Cook for an entire season.

NicksTrix

Reaction
these numbers are correct. also add a few good major assoc sponsors in there as well. then throw in all the free stuff that seems to come into the door....
the good teeams do pass allot of it down, being good salaries, excellent bennies, ample staff, nice shops to work in and traveling comfortably.
they get their money out of the staff as well though! racing 36 times a year from feb to mid nov and throw in a heavy test schedule, makes for allot of work!

Billy_the_Kid

Reaction
Re: "the good teeams do pass allot of it down, being good salaries, excellent bennies, ample staff, nice shops to work in and traveling comfortably."

Childress has a 3 or 4 (can't remember which) star resturant in his shop, with a full time kitchen staff and proffesional chef.

NicksTrix

Reaction
i know DEI does, i haven't heard of RCR having that yet.
DEI's deal is a sweet one. 5 bucks a day for lunch, you pre pay on a "meal card". keeps you from having to go into town to get a bite and is much better quality of food for the money.
guys i know who work there enjoy it.wave of the future?