NASCAR this weekend

klaus

Administrator
Reaction
Last minute I know... but does anyone have some inside ? I mean discounted tickets ? pit passes ?

I heard its sold out.

Any RDC regulars going ?

klaus

Administrator
Reaction
Fontana,

Saturday is Bush and Sunday is Winston Cup

John Bitting

Administrator
Reaction
We told Kleezy we were gonna party with Spencer Low and when he heard that he backed out.. Something out not being able to hang with Maverick himself.

CRAIG_HALL

Reaction
No hookups but as far as I know you can still get infield wristbands. Myself and some friends have three spots infield staying the whole weekend in the motorhome partying. Sorry I dont even know where my spot is yet

SANDlessNSeattle

rock solid user name
Reaction
Hey guys keep an eye on Troy Cline in the Bush series.....he has raced offroad in the past...7s with Joe Custer...1st @ Baja 2000 and some BITD events......another local dirt boy goes to the big Oval show.......

Start drinking till you see double and act single

dunerking

Reaction
Sorry no hook up but will be there early Sunday morning grilling up some carne asada and drinking it up(Irish car bombs and Natural's and alot of Morgan's and coke).We will close to where the Metrolink station.

hit it hard

klaus

Administrator
Reaction
bummer for jj#48...

desertracer

Reaction
That was too bad that he had to get into it with martin on the last lap, at least he got it in gear and made it around after. Gordon did a good job saving his car from the wall in the back stretch. Traffic was a major pain getting in for us, but well woth it.

MDR Class 1

dezerts10

BANG!! BANG!!
Reaction
# 48 is a joke IMHO.

sure he can drive but that was like the 3rd or 4th time the dude has crashed on the last lap this season and its only like race 9 i think.

Motorider

Reaction
00S-10, I thought you were an allright guy, until you say something like that. I take it personal, because he is family, (my second cousin). Eventhough he has crashed twice on the final lap, he is still in 5th overall. Ahead of last year's champion Tony Stewart, Mark Martin, Rusty Wallace, just to name a few. This obviously shows what kind of a driver he is. Racing to the final lap. And he is from So. Cal. El Cajon, and he used to race off-road. And he's a great guy. If anyone got the Union Tribune, on Friday, there was a great article about him, and he talks about how off road got him into nascar.

martininsocal

Reaction
I agree, he is a great guy, talented driver, etc...It seems that every driver that comes from an offroad background goes under the microscope in Nascar. I am sure you will say JJ has done his share of bumping, but what happened with Dale Jr. taking him out with the yellow line pass just showed how "down home" the good ol' boys are in the system. Jr, damn near took off every rear bumper on thetarck for his win, and nothing happens because of the "fanability" of the win. JJ will gethis wins, he just won't get any help getting them.

If your gonna go, go BIG

dezerts10

BANG!! BANG!!
Reaction
i know hes probably a good driver but im a # 8 fan. i dont like team Gordon. # 24 and # 48 are both awsome drivers but i think # 48 just has a little bit of room for improvement. Everybody whos not a DEI or RCR fan always says the name is what get those 2 teams by thats simply not true. didnt mean any offense to someones family but i dont like J gordon or jimmie johnson. as far as his off rad skills he was an awsome driver he did alot of stuff in the off road theater but how many times have you heard him say infront of the camera how much he appriciates the off road community? i have never scene that. so big deal he came form off road but he seems to have not one thing to say about it so does he really apprciate it?

michael_loomis

Reaction
actually he did mention off road in the tribune article , and i've heard him mention it quite a few times before.

room for improvement ? doing damn good for someone whos been in a cup car for a year in a half . Jr might as well have been riding shotgun his entire life with the family upbringing he's had . Jr has 10 times the roundy round experiance and jimmy , but is barely a better driver.

shoot , im not a #48 (work at home depot) , #24 , #8 , or #20 fan ......... its all about the # 31 !!!!!!

bajaboy

Reaction
#48 does remember his off road roots, he provided passes for lots of his former crew and friends this weekend.

Bajaboy

dezerts10

BANG!! BANG!!
Reaction
yippie how many times has HE said that in front of the millions of nascar fans? i dont know of many. if he was really an off rad guy still he would be in the features with RG when hes playing in the dunes or i think i even rememebr seeing something about RG and his trophy truck. Dont care about what anyones says Jr. will smoke # 48 day in and day out in cup.

Gregg

Billy_the_Kid

Reaction
I think JJ is a great driver, and has proven to be pretty versatile. From stadium buggy pilot thingy's to SODA Class 8 to ASA to Winston Cup.

Back in '97 when he drove the Herzog #888 Chevy, I talked to Jimmie Johnson for about a half hour at the street dance in Bark River for the UP Off Road 100. I'll never forget it because he was telling me how he was leaving off-road and going to circle track, while I was telling him I was leaving circle track and going to off-road. Then he gave me all his beer tickets and left (cause there weren't enough chick's there!!).

He is a great competitor too. One time in Crandon he broke down on the first lap and pulled into the infield and sat for about two laps. After a little bit we see the truck start up and he pulls away real slow but stayed on the course and completed about 3 or 4 more laps. Come to find out, he had broke the throttle linkage. His spotter suggested he find a rock or something to open the dzus fastener and run the throttle off the carb BY HAND. Sure enough thats what he did. By the last couple of laps he was getting pretty good speed, and air, in second gear around that track, all by hand.

#817 CORR Stock