nascar welders

martininsocal

Reaction
Most shopd in Nasacr require multi-function personnel. Many are required to know welding, metal fab, general mechanical aptitude, etc...Pay? not what you think. Most have to start out as gophers and work their way up. the majority aren't even at the track come race day, they are working on next weeks car. Even the hauler driver is usually required to do something else(many work in the pits as fuel guys). 40-60k a year with bonuses if you are a regular at the shop.

If your gonna go, go BIG

robert_encinas

Reaction
for what those guys do that is not that much.
but on the other side of the coin they are probably all super rich now, they have no time to spend any of it.

mgobaja

Reaction
Any it is probably a safe assumption that if they do go on the road with the team that their expenses are covered for the most part

ACID_RAIN28

Reaction
Buddy of mine worked for Robbie pitting and he said that it was cool at first but they worked him like slaves so much that it got old fast and he moved back to idywilld. Robbie paid for everything but housing, but it was not worth it to him.

"Everything you do is triggered by an emotion of either desire or fear."

martininsocal

Reaction
You guys also have to remember that cost of living is much less in most places where teams are headquartered. I FF move out here from Florida and said any job paying 10 bucks an hour makes for pretty good living. Taxes are alomost non-exisyent in Fl. and he said 250,000 bucks buys a castle, not a tract home. I would bet that 60k in some place like Tennessee is big bucks, kinda like way up in Norcal...60k in Shasta County is RICH!

If your gonna go, go BIG