NASCAR's New Gen 7 Cars Revealed

Blood Eagle

Class Act
Reaction
The 3 manufactures in the NASCAR Cup Series have released their versions of the Gen 7 Cup Car. Hold your breath... ok exhale. They feature Independent rear suspension, sequential 5 speed transmission/transaxle, 18" wheels with a center locking lug nut, raised splitter, hood louvers for cooling, dual exhausts, a bolt on carbon fiber body, rack & pinion steering and a carbon fiber underwing.

These cars were set to make their debut for the 2021 season but the COVID-19 Pandemic halted testing. They will debut at the start of the 2022 season.

Chevy's version

Chevy.jpg

E0pa82rXMAMrKtS.jpg

Ford's version

Ford.jpg

Toyota's version

Toyota.jpg

All together

182468412_2285294788273273_6156362680870700194_n.jpg

Specs

59D1C5B9-090C-4A2E-81C0-1AC5B263E376.png

1.jpg

Last edited:

NIKAL

Reaction
Notice the front and rear clips are bolt on. Back when Robby had his team and the Jim Beam sponsorship. He talked about how NASCAR needed to go to this concept. When he started the Stadium Super Trucks, that’s exactly how those chassis are designed. His Dakar Gordini, Arctic Cat XX and now the Speed UTV have modular bolt on clips.

Like or hate Robby, he’s been ahead of the game in many ways. He and Cal Wells brought the Indy car concept carbon fiber seats to NASCAR when everyone else was sitting in an aluminum seat. Robby was the first to have a carbon fiber dash and a nice gauge panel when these guys had a flat piece of metal and a tach mounted on the steering column. I think he might have been one of the first to use a smaller steering wheels too?

Did anyone know back in the day Robby was trying to get Morgan McClure to invest in robotic welders so they could duplicate chassis, and how they were fabricated. Not sure if he talked to Childress about it? But today the Speed UTV is fabricated this way. This duplicates and ensures each mig weld is to spec and repeatable.

ltr450rider

Reaction
I foresee lots of teams have growing pains and major complaints about this chassis on the speedways. This is a completely different car in every aspect. Aero, cooling, rear differential, rear suspension. All will throw these guys a huge curveball getting these things sorted out on the oval tracks.

Remember the "Car of Tomorrow" in 2008? That design basically only last a season and they pretty much reverted to the back to the older car but kept what they liked from the COT design.

This might actually get me to watch NASCAR again just to see how they get these cars sorted out throughout the season.

Blood Eagle

Class Act
Reaction
Word on the streets is that they are only allowing each team 7 cars for the season. So if you have bad luck on super speedways it might be an issue.

jon coleman

Reaction
another benefit to the new car is Lots of good hand me down old stuff thats gonna be for sale , all that obsolete stuff will now trickle down to the lower levels,7×4😶???, hmmm, yup, 28, i wonder why no electric hybrid thingy on the new car?

Blood Eagle

Class Act
Reaction
another benefit to the new car is Lots of good hand me down old stuff thats gonna be for sale , all that obsolete stuff will now trickle down to the lower levels,7×4😶???, hmmm, yup, 28, i wonder why no electric hybrid thingy on the new car?

The manufactures are working on the hybrid system and in the process of agreeing to a system. Will debut probably around 2025-2026.

jon coleman

Reaction
my fear is someday short track Saturday night will be VERBOTEN as dictated by the UN climate action plan, i love real racing, not corporate squat to urinate pc bullcrap that IS nascar

Blood Eagle

Class Act
Reaction
my fear is someday short track Saturday night will be VERBOTEN as dictated by the UN climate action plan, i love real racing, not corporate squat to urinate pc bullcrap that IS nascar

They are trying to attract a younger fanbase. The old timers like you are dying off and they were not going to be able to sustain the sport without going full blown PC. It's business. They want to lose you and gain 10 teenagers.

bajafox

Accepted
Reaction
Soon the cars will be just a silent as the farts from the LGBTQ+ community 🤣

NIKAL

Reaction
P
They are trying to attract a younger fanbase. The old timers like you are dying off and they were not going to be able to sustain the sport without going full blown PC. It's business. They want to lose you and gain 10 teenagers.
Problem is they won’t gain 10 teenagers. They won’t gain 2! The COT with its wing was to attract a younger demo, they were trying to get the drifting import crowd to pay attention, and it failed. They have tried adding a play off and segments, as attention spans on the younger generation are shorter, and the demo and ratings have continued to decrease. All stick & ball sports are dealing with the same issues. The younger Gen is more willing to watch 2-3 min highlights and the final score, then sit and watch something for 3+ hours.

Going electric or hybrid will just be another nail in the coffin. The noise and flames out the tail pipes is what turns a heads. The idea that adding a battery and electric motor is going to make more people interested is blind.

Blood Eagle

Class Act
Reaction
P

Problem is they won’t gain 10 teenagers. They won’t gain 2! The COT with its wing was to attract a younger demo, they were trying to get the drifting import crowd to pay attention, and it failed. They have tried adding a play off and segments, as attention spans on the younger generation are shorter, and the demo and ratings have continued to decrease. All stick & ball sports are dealing with the same issues. The younger Gen is more willing to watch 2-3 min highlights and the final score, then sit and watch something for 3+ hours.

Going electric or hybrid will just be another nail in the coffin. The noise and flames out the tail pipes is what turns a heads. The idea that adding a battery and electric motor is going to make more people interested is blind.

I don't disagree about attention spans and understand the reason for the playoff format and stages. But they aren't going to be electric. What's being discussed is an electric motor in addition to a gas engine like most every other top level motorsport series in the world. COT aged horribly besides the safety features. But it is apparent that the old fanbase was not going to keep NASCAR afloat. The fanbase is one of the worst in professional motorsports and from a failure to adapt to small changes and progression and also fluctuate from a hardcore resistance to any sort of change to wanting to change everything depending on who is and isn't winning races. So how do you keep the old redneck fanbase happy while also trying to attract newer younger fans. Pro tip: you can't. The old "back in my day racin' was real!" crowd is dying off and/or moving on. It was not sustainable to cater to them anymore. Time to look at the big picture. F1 ratings in the US suck. Supercross ratings have never been high. NHRA ratings are horrid. All that stuff is still televised. At least NASCAR can get a few million watchers any given race although down from the peak in the early part of the millennium. Ratings don't mean much in that respect. All the heroes of the sport have retired in the last few years. Big huge names like Jeff Gordon, Dale Jr, Tony Stewart and Jimmie last season. It was expected that a huge chunk of the base was going to move on. Big picture, man. It's ok to have moved on.

NIKAL

Reaction
The
I don't disagree about attention spans and understand the reason for the playoff format and stages. But they aren't going to be electric. What's being discussed is an electric motor in addition to a gas engine like most every other top level motorsport series in the world. COT aged horribly besides the safety features. But it is apparent that the old fanbase was not going to keep NASCAR afloat. The fanbase is one of the worst in professional motorsports and from a failure to adapt to small changes and progression and also fluctuate from a hardcore resistance to any sort of change to wanting to change everything depending on who is and isn't winning races. So how do you keep the old redneck fanbase happy while also trying to attract newer younger fans. Pro tip: you can't. The old "back in my day racin' was real!" crowd is dying off and/or moving on. It was not sustainable to cater to them anymore. Time to look at the big picture. F1 ratings in the US suck. Supercross ratings have never been high. NHRA ratings are horrid. All that stuff is still televised. At least NASCAR can get a few million watchers any given race although down from the peak in the early part of the millennium. Ratings don't mean much in that respect. All the heroes of the sport have retired in the last few years. Big huge names like Jeff Gordon, Dale Jr, Tony Stewart and Jimmie last season. It was expected that a huge chunk of the base was going to move on. Big picture, man. It's ok to have moved on.
Good news is NASCAR is hanging their hopes on Bubba Wallace and hoping he will bring the WOKE crowd with him. Maybe it will work?? Probably not! I can’t see the Woke crowd being interested in NASCAR.

Blood Eagle

Class Act
Reaction
The

Good news is NASCAR is hanging their hopes on Bubba Wallace and hoping he will bring the WOKE crowd with him. Maybe it will work?? Probably not! I can’t see the Woke crowd being interested in NASCAR.

Michael F'n Jordan decided to invest in a team so it isn't all for the wOkEnEsS the old rednecks are complaining about. NASCAR is banking on young drivers like Chase Elliott who is essentially the slack jawed "aw shucks" good ol boy named after his daddy type Dale Jr was. Now the drivers are mostly early 20s corporate spokespeople with little to no personality. That's what people are in to. Chase's fanbase is huge.

BANNEDFROMBAJA

2317 Cherimoya Drive Suite A Vista, CA 92084
Reaction
Nice A Class 1 car for the Roundy round folks...Wonder if well be able to buy the albins or was it Xtrac from JGR or whatever after a season.