• Forum membership has its advantages....

Need a good rear end shop near Moreno Valley,Ca

Gimpman91

Hey everyone, I just picked up a 99 Suburban lifted on 35's. Previous owner didn't know if the rear end was re-geared. I towed my little 17 foot boat with it and it struggled especially at low rpm's. On the street at 40mph once it hit that last gear rpm's dropped to 1,000 and it was fighting to pull it. Anyway I wanted to have someone check the rear end gears and re-gear it if it still has stock gears in it. I'm new to this area and I want to make sure I take it to a credible shop to get the work done. Doe anyone know of a good shop around that they've used or know someone that has had work done there?

I have a friend in that area who worked at a Differential Shop for years and then had his own shop. He used to race with me and built all our rear axles...

He is a Fireman now, but does side jobs.

PM me is interested.

Ol' Curmudgeon

RDC's resident crackpot
Might also be too big a load for the "last gear," i.e. overdrive.

You can determine your gearing by jacking up rear end, and then see how many revolutions the driveshaft turns during one revolution of the axle.

retroblazer

I have a friend in that area who worked at a Differential Shop for years and then had his own shop. He used to race with me and built all our rear axles...

He is a Fireman now, but does side jobs.

PM me is interested.
He's done work for me as well. Good option