• Forum membership has its advantages....

Need directions!

ForTheWin

I'm new to the Desert racing field. I used to Bass fishing in Texas. But I want to know is how to get started in the BITD. What I want to do is take a Toyota Tacoma and put it in the BITD. But I don't know how to do that. Can any one help with a shop or any info I need to get it ready for next year.

J Prich

I'm new to the Desert racing field. I used to Bass fishing in Texas. But I want to know is how to get started in the BITD. What I want to do is take a Toyota Tacoma and put it in the BITD. But I don't know how to do that. Can any one help with a shop or any info I need to get it ready for next year.
Buy one already built, it will be cheaper in the long run. Especially if you plan on paying a shop to build the truck you currently have.

Check out Class 7100 on Facebook. If you're going to race BITD, that's the class you'd fit, unless you have a ton of money and want to race 7200.

MasTacos

If you're in Fremont, I'd give Peter Lang or Don German a call and ask for some advice. They're both in the East Bay someplace (Peter runs Safari West and is a nice guy).

You can also hit up the Triple Nickel Racing folks and talk to them, they do race fab and are in Fremont too (They run NORRA in a monster Ford Galaxie). They're having a benefit event for the Los Cabos Children's Foundation on the 15th at 4pm at Casa Aguirre.

Ol' Curmudgeon

RDC's resident crackpot
Hook up with a team at a race or two this year, most are always happy to have another volunteer. Doesn't really matter what class.

If you do take the plunge and race yourself, consider running as a Sportsman at first. You can learn a lot quick.

Rocket 450

Look into VORRA they run races out of Norcal. Hook up with 1 of those guys go check out a race or 2. BITD is cool but it takes a ton of money to race there.

Sent from my C811 4G using Tapatalk