Need fiber glass fenders for H2 project??

J-ROCK

Reaction
Ok I would like to know if anyone out their or know of anyone that could make me some fiberglass fenders for my H2!

I am prerunnering a custom frame with a H2 sut body, and the rear is going to hit the rear fenders so looking to see if their is anyone that could help me out.

thanks guys any help would be awesome!!

tcock

Reaction
you can use any bedsides. just bond and repeat. check this dodge with one piece noser i built the other day when i was bored!

Attachments

J-ROCK

Reaction
looks good...Good idea?

was that piece for a dodge? Im trying to find something that could be simular to a H2?

If you come across any let me know. I thought the same on the bed sides as far as like a ranger or something with a small bed that I could cut and shorten.

tcock

Reaction
Started with http://www.mcneilracinginc.com/ f150 one piece nose and fit grill, lights, and fender edges from dodge.
Measure your bedsides and compare them to any vehicles for which you can buy
flared sides http://www.mcneilracinginc.com/off-road-fiberglass/Chevy/Pickup/88-98/index.htm#. Stay away from race panels that don't have the flange over the top of the bedside to attach to your sut. remove your bedsides(air hammer) and install the new with self drillers Phillips#8 work great. Now take apart grind the paint and glue with 3m 8115 panel bond, then screw it back on. Next day remove the screws and fill the holes with more panel bond then sand and finish body work. DONE

baja619

Reaction
Impressive work. Do you have any more pics of other projects you customized?

J-ROCK

Reaction
WELL HERE IS A PIC OF TH HUMMER? IT DID HAVE AIR RIDE ON IT BUT i SOLD IT ALL AND NOW IS IN A SHOP GETTING A FULL FRAME AND LONG TRAVEL SUSPENSION. BUT THE REAR OF THE TRUCK IS WHAT IM WORRIED ABOUT I NEED TO FIND SOMEWAY TO GET SOME THAT FLARED...

ANY HELP!!!

PS- THANKS TCOCK YOU HAVE BEEN ALOT OF HELP...

cbmind

Reaction
No doubt, I talked to Hanneman awhile back, they wanted $600 a corner, on perfect sheetmetal, to build some for a Scout II (I know, crazy). And they keep the molds (and rights, of course, but I don't care). Other shops didn't want to mess with it because of a small market (don't make Scouts anymore), and a PITA. If I could find someone to do it for $400 (hint hint...) a corner, I'd do it. Don't like jacking with glass, messy, rather pay somone else to do it:D

Last edited:

J-ROCK

Reaction
No doubt, I talked to Hanneman awhile back, they wanted $600 a corner, on perfect sheetmetal, to build some for a Scout II (I know, crazy). And they keep the molds (and rights, of course, but I don't care). Other shops didn't want to mess with it because of a small market (don't make Scouts anymore), and a PITA. If I could find someone to do it for $400 (hint hint...) a corner, I'd do it. Don't like jacking with glass, messy, rather pay somone else to do it:D

yeah talked to fiberwerx their price wasnt to bad, ill prob use them when i get closer in the build. But that why it is high cause their isnt going to be very many people wanting flared fenders for a hummer...

cbmind

Reaction
$$$$ No doubt. I talked to hanneman awhile back, they wanted $600 a corner for my scout2 (I know hahahaha). Needed all the money up front, keep the molds (thus the rights) perfect sheetmetal, etc, etc. PITA. Haven't done it yet. Recently built a Fiberglass shroud for my aluminum radiator, turned out pretty good, think I'm going to give it a shot building my own bulged and flared fenders, 3" bulge, bout a 4" rise. Cover my full width axles. Lots of money. If I could find someone did decent work, for around $450 a corner, I could stomach that. Good luck bud, Tcock, good info.