Need fuel pump recomendation.

RyanWiW

i am about to purchase a fuel pump for a truck i am building. The motor is a ford 331 stroker. just wondering if anybody has any advice? thanks.

scottm

Carb or efi? Mechanical on block or electric?

racer56

weldon, aeromotive, fuellab. check ebay.

DSRacing

Mini Metal MOD
X2 on Aeromotive, Do they cost more, Yes.

It's as simple as, "You get what you pay for." With EFI, make sure you use a two filter set-up before and after the pump. We use a 100 micron filter before and a 10 micron filter after. Your injectors will thank you for it.

Tipracer

It's as simple as, "You get what you pay for." With EFI, make sure you use a two filter set-up before and after the pump. We use a 100 micron filter before and a 10 micron filter after. Your injectors will thank you for it.
X4 did the same filter set up...fantastic results..although I used holley fuel pump and have carbs..

cancinoj

where do you find those fuel filters, at any autoparts or? any brand? thks

Tipracer

I looked around for a while and the least expensive place I found belive it or not was industrial liquidators, they sell the the earls performance stuff BUT there is a huge difference between some of the AN fittings... I ended up getting the XRP fittings(old keith black design which cuts a grove into the braided hose...best design to use btw) and used a 100 micron earls prefilter before a 5 micron canister type fuel filter. I did look on line at jegs but unless you know for sure what sizes ect. it is difficult topeice together what you need and get it right the first time. If you have the time to wait for shipping I would go that route first.

Tipracer

Also be sure you get the right psi pump for your efi as the pressures are different for efi and carb...

racer56

The earls filters are junk.

And BTW; never run earls push on hose, as it has a tendency to come off very easily.

DSRacing

Mini Metal MOD
where do you find those fuel filters, at any autoparts or? any brand? thks
Thw 100 micron filter is from Aeromotive, the 10 micron is a canister style NAPA Gold filter.

Tipracer

The earls filters are junk.

And BTW; never run earls push on hose, as it has a tendency to come off very easily.
the 100 micron filter does its job very well(I really like being able to clean it out rather than just replacing it), but I still run the canister to catch the little stuff...but I agree 100% with the push on hose...JUNK!!!..just like the rice rocket engine dress up kit WAJ.

yotatoy

If you want a descent cheap inline pump get a e2000 from auto zone. It's actually a ford replacement pump. there around 100 bucks and have a 1 year warranty. The more expensive pumps are worth it but it all depends on your budget. Definitely spend the money on good filters no matter what. good filters will save pumps and injectors!

As far as plumbing I would use the blue aeroquip push lock (socketless) line.

RTE Kidd

I'm looking at aeromotive pumps and filters ,but how much pressure does a 3.4 toyota need? My friend says it should run on 45 psi true? or do I need more?