• Forum membership has its advantages....

Need help and info on Class 12 Car

welcome to the club!will you be adding a bypass to the rear? we build a 2110cc low comp engine early this year and we love it, runs xlnt and 91 pump gas is getting cheaper which makes it really nice.

CZLou

Thank you. I have bypasses. I took the bypass off for a better pic of the frame. Sounds like 2110 is the way to go. Just have to find the right combo that works for your car.

Riverguy553

If your running long races that motor is the way to go. I have a plenum motor in my car and it's a great package. George Jimenez builds myself and Daniel Folts and they run extremely well.

RaptorLou

Fat motor should do you well, the cam you mentioned is what a lot use, give or take a bit. used to use 110/split back in the day....
CZ have you raced a bunch? I would run her as is and see where you want to make changes, don't try to out quess what you have....

CZLou

I raced the NORRA 1000 last year with volk's73 and I have a mid travel 2 seater sand rail for Glamis
( 2000 Aceco 2275 vw) I have raced Vintage and EVO motocross with AHRMA and Calvmx and D-37 GP's for too long. I Stopped racing bikes 3 years ago. I told the wife i would stop racing at 50, I'm 57 now. If i can race this car a few times a year. All should be good. I'm not one to sit on the couch. I think this Raceco will work out fine for me. From what i have read and the advice i have gotten. Thank you Guys

RaptorLou

I hear you CZ, I am 55 almost 56 and just getting back on board now that house has emptied a bitn and funds are available.... LOL I ran 2-1600 in mid-late 80's when there were as many cars in class as what is now running total SICK! Rode MX a while and then quads for fun....
I too picked up a used 12 car. I doubt BAP will happen as I need to test and she what she can and can't do. Aiming for Ridgecrest for shake down. Not sure how many I will run as I am single operator team I and I am a true tear down prep guy, not change oil and hose her off.
Will be watching for you..... Have a locked in number yet?

CZLou

My goal right now is NORRA. Trying to tear this car apart and getting it back together in time. Like you, It's all on my dime. I bought the car last month at a good deal. A little late for NORRA, But i could'nt pass it up. I just did'nt realize how much parts cost. My brain was thinking Dirtbike parts not race car parts. lol But I have to say Mckenzies has been good to me. Once i get the Mex 1000 out of the way. I'll set my sites on local races.

RYAN COHEE

My goal right now is NORRA. Trying to tear this car apart and getting it back together in time. Like you, It's all on my dime. I bought the car last month at a good deal. A little late for NORRA, But i could'nt pass it up. I just did'nt realize how much parts cost. My brain was thinking Dirtbike parts not race car parts. lol But I have to say Mckenzies has been good to me. Once i get the Mex 1000 out of the way. I'll set my sites on local races.

Viva class 12!!!!

Sent from the RDC Mobile App. Get it for your IOS device today

Zac Reish

I have a full race plenum $1,776 built by Chris Tool. Its a top shelf engine and has only 60 race miles before I DNF'd. It blows the doors off any pump gas engine there is. Turn key and ready to rock. My 12 car is gone so I don't need it.

RaptorLou

Oh boy! sounds like we are going to have an internal battle for high vs low compression.......
All in good spirit I say....
Wait for the low compression magic to show up..... and compare gas reciepts!! LOL

RYAN COHEE

Oh boy! sounds like we are going to have an internal battle for high vs low compression.......
All in good spirit I say....
Wait for the low compression magic to show up..... and compare gas reciepts!! LOL
Bap will be the proving ground for the comparison but some of the cars have a huge transmission advantage

CZLou

It should be interesting to see Who comes out on top. High compression vs low. 4,5 or 6 speed. The results should give us a little insight.

Zac Reish

There's no comparison. Pump gas guys only hope is if guys like Rick Poole/mike Malloy, Daniel folts, bruckmann etc break. Only guy I know of running a 6 speed is folts. The Mende 5 speed is what Poole/Malloy and bruckmann run and I'd pick bruckmann and Malloy even with the 5 speeds mendeolas. That's the lightest and most proven transmission for a 12 car. Many of the 10 guys have gone away from the Mende 6 speed I favor of the fortins. I watched Malloy in Rick pooles single set 12 smoke 10s at ratr. A 5 speed mendeola and a ss plenum car will easily outrun any other combo.

RYAN COHEE

There's no comparison. Pump gas guys only hope is if guys like Rick Poole/mike Malloy, Daniel folts, bruckmann etc break. Only guy I know of running a 6 speed is folts. The Mende 5 speed is what Poole/Malloy and bruckmann run and I'd pick bruckmann and Malloy even with the 5 speeds mendeolas. That's the lightest and most proven transmission for a 12 car. Many of the 10 guys have gone away from the Mende 6 speed I favor of the fortins. I watched Malloy in Rick pooles single set 12 smoke 10s at ratr. A 5 speed mendeola and a ss plenum car will easily outrun any other combo.
They are all very fast for sure!!! I've seen Rick Parquet dust people with his bus box 12 car also..I think power to weight and driving skill with a lot of prep goes a long way!!! Last years Bap Sean Dunn beat every two seater high dollar car with the time bomb engine package with a under powered pump gas motor/4 speed and 20 year old car

Maxwell_99

You can say that for any class. Top 9's will beat 16's, top 16's will beat 12's, top 12's will beat 10's, top 10's will beat 1's, and top 1's will beat trophy trucks. It goes all the way through every class. Same with all the truck classes. Look at the top 1600 team at the 1000. I love the plenum, but the pump gas motors are great for long races.

frostbite36

Capt. Hindsight
This is always a fun debate, but let's just race and decide it out in the dirt. :)